The time has come

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
OK, I am going to HAVE to find me a new radio station. I think the last time they played a song I don't already own was over an hour ago, and I didn't like that one.

Twenty years ago, a cross country trip meant learning regional preferences & styles. Today, we have 3 radio stations. The same 12 song rotation is what drove me to talk radio. Even politicians change their tune sometimes.

DItto that...talk radio's for me. If I want music, I've got my CD player and 400+ disks, not to mention about 7GB of MP3s :D

...and this is from a city with about 30+ stations... most of 'em crapola

You may have 30 buildings calling themselves radio stations but it's till closer to three. One pop, one country & one oldies. The number of towers may be 2,6,10 but they all buy the same playlist.

havent listened to a radio station in about 2 years. i have CD's and XM in the car. in the house i have even more CD's, MP3's and cable offers digital music channels as part of the basic package.

MrBishop said:
DItto that...talk radio's for me. If I want music, I've got my CD player and 400+ disks, not to mention about 7GB of MP3s :D

...and this is from a city with about 30+ stations... most of 'em crapola

Find me one country/western station obtainable in this Gawd forsaken town.

Professur said:
Kanasetake K103 - they don't play it all the time, but they have time-slots for it.
CJMS 1040AM - montreal

I prefer talk radio, but there is no decent talk radio here...closest thing I get is NPR, which as we all know is not an option...

My tape player is gluttenous and has a tapeworm at the moment. A car CD player is on the Christmas wish list. With over 600 titles at home and a burner, I think I can keep myself entertained then.

NPR is great. The people in the car next to you may think you're having a stroke but it's hilarious to listen to No Points Considered & count how wrong they can be in one sitting. I'm up to 1536 in a :20 minute slot :D

Professur said:

There is a vast difference between country/western and what passes for country today.

One local station has a "roots" show for 3 1/2 hours weekdays...but I'm in the office then usually and it won't pick up in here. It plays a mixture of bluegrass, real country, and Americana music, some from local artists some from nationally known. I enjoy that, especially the bluegrass segments, but otherwise I'm in radio hell here. I hate country, despise modern pop, hate alternative or whatever they call it this week, and that friends and neighbors leaves classic rock. Now, I like me some Riding The Storm Out as much as the next red blooded man, but it does get old.

I used to get a Country station from across the border, but they shut down years ago. I'll try that am station, Bish. But I'm not holding my breath.

My long time joke about modern country music sounding like The Amboy Dukes has finally hit the jackpot.

Toby Keith

January 2005
20 - Tulsa, OK - Tulsa Convention Center (w/ Ted Nugent) (on sale now)
21 - Omaha, NE - Qwest Center (w/ Ted Nugent) (on sale now)
22 - Moline, IL - The Mark of the Quad Cities (w/ Ted Nugent) (on sale now)
26 - Rockford, IL - Rockford Metro Centre (w/ Ted Nugent) (on sale now)
27, 28 - Green Bay, WI - Resch Center (w/ Ted Nugent) (on sale now)

February 2005
11 - N. Little Rock, AR - Alltel Arena (w/ Ted Nugent) (on sale now)
12 - Biloxi, MS - Gulf Coast Coliseum (w/ Ted Nugent) (on sale 1/8)
13 - Tallahassee, FL - Tallahassee-Leon County Civic Center (rescheduled from 10/24)
18 - Milwaukee, WI - Bradley Center (w/ Ted Nugent) (on sale 1/15)

March 2005
5 - Baltimore, MD - 1st Mariner Arena (w/ Ted Nugent) (on sale 1/8)

Since I got layed off, I've gotten back into talk radio, which is actually great in this town. I couldn't listen to it at work for the last six or so years. The building's walls killed almost all AM reception, plus I didn't feel terribly comfortable listening to conservative talk radio, considering the proclivities of most of my colleagues. I listened to my CDs, of course (one plus of working for a record company) and a great hiphop/r&b station I would come to discover, WBLS. I'm going to miss talk radio when I'm no longer home during the day. :(

It's all about Sirius now for me, and the occasional CD. I got iTines recently so I can get songs I hear on Sirius I like and play them any time I want instead of waiting to hear it again.

Back