The United States: A Country founded on Paganism

flavio

Banned
Did a little research on one of Freako's posts and found this interesting article.

It contains sections such as....

The Declaration of Independence, a Pagan document

The Constitution of the United States, a Pagan document

and...

Democracy and Republicanism: Pagan concepts to the very core

i enjoy obelisks.

and that's an interesting page, it has things that always made me go "hmmm", but never put too much thought into. some of it seems a bit of a stretch, but some of it is fairly convincing.

pagan themes are around you pretty much anywhere you go. a lot of the time people dont even know it.

The crucifix and the fish are both plagiarized pagan symbols. :shrug:

The United States, however, was founded by Freemasons. They did understand the value of religion in controlling the masses though, regardless of their personal beliefs.

chcr said:
The crucifix and the fish are both plagiarized pagan symbols. :shrug:

The United States, however, was founded by Freemasons. They did understand the value of religion in controlling the masses though, regardless of their personal beliefs.
So is the Christmas tree, the yule log, the actual date of Christmas, mistletoe, etc...

"Religion is the opiate of the masses"

One thing I've learned about your typical pagan is this. They'll take credit for damn near anything in their never ending search for legitimization and broad acceptance.

Ain't read the links. I might later. I might not. Depends on whether the spirit moves me.

SouthernN'Proud said:
One thing I've learned about your typical pagan is this. They'll take credit for damn near anything in their never ending search for legitimization and broad acceptance.
Here's the bit... what is most linked to paganism re: Christmas is the commercial aspect of it.

I've done a bit of reasearch into paganism, after some former next door neighbors professed their adherence to it.

I formed my opinions of it at that time.

I ain't seen anything to change those opinions since.

I don't feel particularly compelled to share those opinions at this time. Maybe later, maybe not.

The way I see it...
Christmas is in celebration of the birth of Christ. People have had fun with it.
For all "my" life. I know what I've experienced. It's been mostly all good.
All the stuff that has be associated with Christmas, just makes it more festive.
If you try to dissect it more than that it seems to lose something.

SouthernN'Proud said:
They'll take credit for damn near anything in their never ending search for legitimization and broad acceptance.

well, it's not like they're necessarily inaccurate in doing so.

Well in my few short years on this planet i've come to understand that whatever your view is, you're pretty much going to believe whatever you want to believe which is rather obvious in this thread as well. The declaration is what it is and the constitution is what it is. I tend to believe that the founders of our country looked pretty much the same then as the country does now. That is, a melting pot of various personal constitutional values & beliefs. The only difference is they were united for a greater cause.

catocom said:
The way I see it...
Christmas is in celebration of the birth of Christ. People have had fun with it.
For all "my" life. I know what I've experienced. It's been mostly all good.
All the stuff that has be associated with Christmas, just makes it more festive.
If you try to dissect it more than that it seems to lose something.

Merry Christmas
clap2.gif

As I sit here laughing at the fools I'm surrounded with, it occurs to me that none of you actually know what's happening to you. Religion? None of you understand the power of religion, because you don't understand religion.

Answer this (and be honest) Who here does not know, by heart, the Oscar Meyer song? Or the Big Mac song? Compare that to the Lord's prayer, or the Pledge of Allegiance?

There's your religion today. No longer are people brainwashed into believing in a higher power, or a greater good. Their gods are the glass box in their living room (living room? Hell, pretty near every room in the house now) and the paper in their pockets. And their priests are the PR men. The advertisers and media men who control what you see, what you learn, and what you want. And if you need any more proof, just look at what happened last friday, and compare that to any religious mob.

I leave you asking "What's the difference? I can't see the difference? Can you see the difference? There's no difference." And I wonder how many people remember that ad.

Professur said:
As I sit here laughing at the fools I'm surrounded with, it occurs to me that none of you actually know what's happening to you. Religion? None of you understand the power of religion, because you don't understand religion.

Answer this (and be honest) Who here does not know, by heart, the Oscar Meyer song? Or the Big Mac song? Compare that to the Lord's prayer, or the Pledge of Allegiance?

There's your religion today. No longer are people brainwashed into believing in a higher power, or a greater good. Their gods are the glass box in their living room (living room? Hell, pretty near every room in the house now) and the paper in their pockets. And their priests are the PR men. The advertisers and media men who control what you see, what you learn, and what you want. And if you need any more proof, just look at what happened last friday, and compare that to any religious mob.

I leave you asking "What's the difference? I can't see the difference? Can you see the difference? There's no difference." And I wonder how many people remember that ad.

You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls. And those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives...You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall.
We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

:lol:

Back