The Village

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Oh hell. I thought you were talking about it taking one :shrug:

No ma'am, I have yet to see this fine feature film.

nalani

my 17 year-old son saw it and said it was 'dumb' .. but then again, He thinks Eurotrip is a classic ~shrug~ .. I still want to see it .. if I can muster up the energy to go ~L~

IDLEchild

Saw it

Depends on through which POV you see movies

Sociologist, psychologist, or just interested in human behavior - You'll find it intriguing and fascinating in ways.

Joe schmoe movie goer watching it for summer blockbuster thrills - You'll be the lady in front of me and end up saying

"How the hell did this crap get on theaters?"

The surprise ending splits the movie goer crowd into two legions mentioned above.

Take your pick.

FluerVanderloo

I think it was all quite interesting until Ivy decides to go to the towns. It sucked after that. The ending seemed just too abrupt. Unexpected, yes, but it sorta came out of nowhere, and soon became a load of shit.

I left the movie thinking, "I paid $7 for a stupid ass ending. But the beginning was pretty good."

IDLEchild

FluerVanderloo said:
I think it was all quite interesting until Ivy decides to go to the towns. It sucked after that. The ending seemed just too abrupt. Unexpected, yes, but it sorta came out of nowhere, and soon became a load of shit.

I left the movie thinking, "I paid $7 for a stupid ass ending. But the beginning was pretty good."

Well if it interests you then it does raise good questions about human psyche and the fear of pain and hurt and how we deal with it.

nalani

FluerVanderloo said:

holdup holdup holdup holdup .. You pay only $7 for a movie ticket??!!! dayum ..

FluerVanderloo

Chyah. It was matinee.

And yeah, it did strike me that those people went through so much pain that it led them to what they did. And it's amazing that they could care so much as to keep everyone else away from such a pain. But it's still fucked up to keep them scared like that.