things idiots say

kuulani

my mum-in-law was just telling me this story ...

once, when she was on Kahoolawe (the Hawaiian island that the US military used for target practice), she was eating an orange and threw the peels on the ground. the military personnel that was there clearing the unexploded ordinances off the island asked her to stop, saying "don't you know how bad that is for the environment?"

yeah, as opposed to the unexploded ordinances lying all around :lol2:

actually an orange peel degrading into the soil is GOOD for the environment...that's compost...moron.

tonksy said:
actually an orange peel degrading into the soil is GOOD for the environment...that's compost...moron.

*whistles quietly, supressing scathing comments about the US armed forces, Gato excluded*

Raven said:
*whistles quietly, supressing scathing comments about the US armed forces, Gato excluded*
you know...i was in the military...but then again maybe that's why i got out....:eh:

Too intelligent by far Tonksy, I'm sure you could come up with better IFF than big orange flags for the guys in Iraq :rolleyes:

Ah, people.....by far the biggest source of amusment on planet Mud! :D

One of my faves was by a mate.

In the pub one night about a dozen of us were having a heated "debate" about some world event or other (or it might just have been if the barmaid dyed her hair or not, can't remember)......as we got more and more voiciferous, trying to get our points accross, one of my friends slammed his fist on the table, got to his feet and said..

WILL YOU LOT SHUT UP?! I'M NOT AN OCTOPUSS, I CAN'T HOLD EIGHT CONVERSATIONS AT ONCE!!!

:D :D

Dunno which zoo he'd been visiting...but they musta had some freaky eight-mouthed octopeds in there that day :lloyd:

Oz said:
Ah, people.....by far the biggest source of amusment on planet Mud! :D

One of my faves was by a mate.

In the pub one night about a dozen of us were having a heated "debate" about some world event or other (or it might just have been if the barmaid dyed her hair or not, can't remember)......as we got more and more voiciferous, trying to get our points accross, one of my friends slammed his fist on the table, got to his feet and said..

WILL YOU LOT SHUT UP?! I'M NOT AN OCTOPUSS, I CAN'T HOLD EIGHT CONVERSATIONS AT ONCE!!!

:D :D

Dunno which zoo he'd been visiting...but they musta had some freaky eight-mouthed octopeds in there that day :lloyd:

:D:D:rofl4:

Back