Thinking of a life of crime?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Outsmart the local PD.

Lincoln on Wednesday said it will produce an armored version of the Town Car called the Lincoln Town Car Ballistic Protection Series.

This is first armored car that Ford Motor Co. will sell through its dealer network, said Mike Vaughn, Lincoln spokesman. The vehicle, which goes on sale this spring, is expected to cost about $140,000.

About 15 U.S. dealers and a few non-U.S. dealers are expected to sell the armored car, Lincoln said. The automaker will build 300 armored Town Cars annually and expects about 70 percent of them to be sold in the United States.

The vehicle will be assembled in Ford’s Wixom Assembly plant in Wixom, Mich., then shipped to International Armoring Corp. in Ogden, Utah, which will add protective materials, such as bulletproof ceramic and glass.

Lincoln said the armored car will look no different from its normal Town Car.

Ford has worked with suppliers on developing the armored Town Car for almost two years.

I've been thinking of building my own armored car for years. I eventually want to take a 76 ramcharger(ugly green)full time 4x4 with a 440 and stick bullet proof windows and doors in it. I'm sure i could do it for a lot less than $140,000. I want to make this thing the ultimate beast. Those new suburbans that diplomats use are great but they're just not ugly enough.

A few weeks ago I saw a clip on CNN about this new 'assault truck' the army is building. It is built on a silverado chassis with all the new radar/tracking toys up front and the bed accomadates numerous 'modules' that range from machine gun to missle launcher. Can't seem to find anything on it now :(

How the hell did this thread get in Love & Lifestyles anyway? Seems like it should be in Science & Technology.

Back