This Christmas I'm getting a nice white jacket...

MrBishop

with sleeves that tie in the back!

I'm going insane...not slowly and surely, but quickly and with an assurance that only this time of year can bring.

Working for the church isn't a good thing this time of year. You would think that all the religion in the world, concentrated into a few short days, would lighten matters. It doesn't:

It's noon now (December 23rd, 2003)

There are 5 services over the next 5 days.

Three on Christmas eve (4pm/ 6pm/11pm)
One on Christmas Day (9am)
and one on the 28th

I need to finish all of them before I leave tomorrow at 1pm. (later perhaps) - this is not going to happen, so I'm going to be here until 2-3pm on the 24th.

I have a party at my place on the 24th
I have a party on the 25th at my in-laws
I have a party at my place on the 26th

I have to get my hair cut
I have to finish my christmas shopping today
I have to pick up my son this afternoon, after my afternoon shift

I have a quicky freelance gig to work on tonight

My son is sick with not one, but two viruses (one causing violent diahrea and vomiting)
My wife is getting sick, and I may yet follow her. My parents are sick, my in-laws are getting there.

So...I'm doing everything!!!!! Clean-up, cooking, wrapping gifts and trimming the tree.

Somewhere in there, I plan on going insane. With your help and prayers for strength, I will be able to delay it until after the 28th. Please keep me in mind...I'll need it!

Thanks, and Merry Christmas, Merry Hanuchka, Blessed Yule, and have a great Quanza

Woot!!!

Welcome to my world DeBish. Don't worry, the woozy feeling doesn't really go away, but you come to like it after awhile. Free Buzz!!!

And you wonder why I call you Postal Boy. ;)

Look, you don't have time for a psychological breakdown. Can we schedule you in for, say, Feb 26th?

Gonz said:
And you wonder why I call you Postal Boy. ;)

Look, you don't have time for a psychological breakdown. Can we schedule you in for, say, Feb 26th?

Sorry..can't do it. That's right around the time that my brother-in-law comes back from Afghanistan and if I snap then, his post-war mania might make him kill me before he or I knew what was happeneing :)

take a deep breath

relax, close your eyes

and refuse to move until christmas is over, just sit there and move side to side

a little drool helps too

every now and then, yell something about the end coming

I find it helps a lot

That's the great thing about Looneyville, You never need an appointment, you are welcome anytime.

PuterTutor said:
That's the great thing about Looneyville, You never need an appointment, you are welcome anytime.

but you can check out, but you can never leave...wait that is that hotel, with those hippies, nevermind

paul_valaru said:
but you can check out, but you can never leave...wait that is that hotel, with those hippies, nevermind
paul...the hotel california wasn't a looney bin.......well...wait...i guess that's open for discussion, isn't it?

Bad to worst

Bad to worst.

My in-laws are sick...they may not make it to tonight's party at my place. I have to pick up their contribution to the dinner anyway, when I pick up my son.

The party on the 26th is cancelled because one of the ladies and her daughter are sick.

The bulletins still aren't finished. Retyping the whole 4pm service because of a corruption in the filing system. Damn Microsoft!!!

Cheers and Happy Holidays to all!

Marc deBish Gendron

paul_valaru said:
take a deep breath

relax, close your eyes

and refuse to move until christmas is over, just sit there and move side to side

a little drool helps too

every now and then, yell something about the end coming

I find it helps a lot
I second that a lot.

Back