This cop is SOOOOO fired!

That guy ought to do at least 20 years of hard time! Let's see what a tough guy he is in prison!

But here's the reality:

shortnews.com said:
Cop Kicks, Beats Jailed 15-Year-Old Girl: Caught on Video

Paul Schene, 31, a Washington State sheriff's deputy, is accused of assault in the case of a 15-year-old girl who was brought in as part of a car theft investigation and who is shown being kicked, beaten and slammed to the floor by Schene on tape.

Schene has plead not guilty to a charge of fourth-degree assault in Superior Court. Prosecutor Daniel Satterberg said, "We believe this case is beyond just police misconduct; it's criminal misconduct. This is clearly excessive force."

Cameras captured the incident, though Shene's lawyer said the video does not tell the entire story. Schene said the girl had kicked her shoe off at him, he went into the cell to "prevent another assault" and she didn't comply with his instructions.

Source

I live in Washington State and fourth degree assault is a misdemeanor! It is the lowest assault charge they can charge you with! If I spit on you, that's 4th degree assault! The higher degrees are all felonies and this crime is a higher degree. That wasn't a simple assault, that was jackass cop, out of control trying to inflict serious harm! Where is the outrage?

I urge any of you who care to try to make a little difference for the better in this world to contact these people and tell them!

King County Prosecuting Attorney's Office
King County Courthouse, Room W554
516 Third Avenue
Seattle, WA 98104-2362
(206) 296-9000
Prosecuting,[email protected]

Let's tell these bastards that it is unacceptable to just sweep it under the rug!

You don't even have to live in this state, if they get flooded with responses they will have to take some action!

:mad:

BTW a misdemeanor in this state carries a maximum of one year jail time. Even the most serious charges on a first offender, he will probably see no actual time.

Yes, the cop was excessive.

However, what is the point that the little shit with no respect for authority learns not to "assault" a cop? She's in jail. Why? What would have justified pushing her to the back of the cell, wrestling her to the ground & cuffing her?

She was by no means an inncocent bystander.

Oh and I am a transplant from Tacoma. They named a truck after it, and I have no idea why. I mean it's OK, but I certainly see very little that makes Tacoma a special place. Seattle has nice feel to it and is nice to vist, but I guess the one selling point of Tacoma, is that Seattleites are often very full of themselves and in Tacoma they are blue collar and usually much more down to earth.

Yes, the cop was excessive.

However, what is the point that the little shit with no respect for authority learns not to "assault" a cop? She's in jail. Why? What would have justified pushing her to the back of the cell, wrestling her to the ground & cuffing her?

She was by no means an inncocent bystander.

That is irrelevant. She should be handled for whatever crime she committed, but that has no absolutely bearing on what that cop did. There was no excuse for it.

The Revised Code of Washington said:
RCWs > Title 9A > Chapter 9A.36 > Section 9A.36.041

9A.36.031 << 9A.36.041 >> 9A.36.045

RCW 9A.36.041
Assault in the fourth degree.

(1) A person is guilty of assault in the fourth degree if, under circumstances not amounting to assault in the first, second, or third degree, or custodial assault, he or she assaults another.

(2) Assault in the fourth degree is a gross misdemeanor.

[1987 c 188 § 2; 1986 c 257 § 7.]

Notes:
Effective date -- 1986 c 257 §§ 3-10: See note following RCW 9A.04.110.

Effective date -- 1987 c 188: See note following RCW 9A.36.100.

Severability -- 1986 c 257: See note following RCW 9A.56.010.

RCWs > Title 9a > Chapter 9a.36 > Section 9a.36.031

9A.36.021 << 9a.36.031 >> 9A.36.041

The Revised Code of Washinton said:
RCW 9a.36.031
Assault in the third degree.

(1) A person is guilty of assault in the third degree if he or she, under circumstances not amounting to assault in the first or second degree:

(a) With intent to prevent or resist the execution of any lawful process or mandate of any court officer or the lawful apprehension or detention of himself or another person, assaults another; or

(b) Assaults a person employed as a transit operator or driver, the immediate supervisor of a transit operator or driver, a mechanic, or a security officer, by a public or private transit company or a contracted transit service provider, while that person is performing his or her official duties at the time of the assault; or

(c) Assaults a school bus driver, the immediate supervisor of a driver, a mechanic, or a security officer, employed by a school district transportation service or a private company under contract for transportation services with a school district, while the person is performing his or her official duties at the time of the assault; or

(d) With criminal negligence, causes bodily harm to another person by means of a weapon or other instrument or thing likely to produce bodily harm; or His fist plus the concrete wall and floor?

(e) Assaults a firefighter or other employee of a fire department, county fire marshal's office, county fire prevention bureau, or fire protection district who was performing his or her official duties at the time of the assault; or

(f) With criminal negligence, causes bodily harm accompanied by substantial pain that extends for a period sufficient to cause considerable suffering; or

(g) Assaults a law enforcement officer or other employee of a law enforcement agency who was performing his or her official duties at the time of the assault; or

(h) Assaults a peace officer with a projectile stun gun; or

(i) Assaults a nurse, physician, or health care provider who was performing his or her nursing or health care duties at the time of the assault. For purposes of this subsection: "Nurse" means a person licensed under chapter 18.79 RCW; "physician" means a person licensed under chapter 18.57 or 18.71 RCW; and "health care provider" means a person certified under chapter 18.71 or 18.73 RCW who performs emergency medical services or a person regulated under Title 18 RCW and employed by, or contracting with, a hospital licensed under chapter 70.41 RCW.

(2) Assault in the third degree is a class C felony.

I feel that he is absolutely guilty of 3rd degree assault.

I just wrote them this email and I am going to write snail mail and call, and urge as many others to as I can. Someone has to put a stop to this shit!

randomJACKASS said:
This is an outrage, and to add insult to injury this man is only charged with 4th degree assault? Paid administrative leave, are you freaking kidding? I am making it my mission to get poeople to flood your office with letters calls and emails until you charge him with 3rd degree assault which is what he is guilty of. You are attorneys, and you know I am right. Just because he is one of the Sherrif's deputies, is no reason why he should be spared what he has coming to him!

RCWs > Title 9A > Chapter 9A.36 > Section 9A.36.041

9A.36.031 << 9A.36.041 >> 9A.36.045

RCW 9A.36.041
Assault in the fourth degree.

(1) A person is guilty of assault in the fourth degree if, under circumstances not amounting to assault in the first, second, or third degree, or custodial assault, he or she assaults another.

(2) Assault in the fourth degree is a gross misdemeanor.

[1987 c 188 § 2; 1986 c 257 § 7.]

Notes:
Effective date -- 1986 c 257 §§ 3-10: See note following RCW 9A.04.110.

Effective date -- 1987 c 188: See note following RCW 9A.36.100.

Severability -- 1986 c 257: See note following RCW 9A.56.010.

RCW 9a.36.031
Assault in the third degree.

(1) A person is guilty of assault in the third degree if he or she, under circumstances not amounting to assault in the first or second degree:

(a) With intent to prevent or resist the execution of any lawful process or mandate of any court officer or the lawful apprehension or detention of himself or another person, assaults another; or

(b) Assaults a person employed as a transit operator or driver, the immediate supervisor of a transit operator or driver, a mechanic, or a security officer, by a public or private transit company or a contracted transit service provider, while that person is performing his or her official duties at the time of the assault; or

(c) Assaults a school bus driver, the immediate supervisor of a driver, a mechanic, or a security officer, employed by a school district transportation service or a private company under contract for transportation services with a school district, while the person is performing his or her official duties at the time of the assault; or

(d) With criminal negligence, causes bodily harm to another person by means of a weapon or other instrument or thing likely to produce bodily harm; or His fist plus the concrete wall and floor?

(e) Assaults a firefighter or other employee of a fire department, county fire marshal's office, county fire prevention bureau, or fire protection district who was performing his or her official duties at the time of the assault; or

(f) With criminal negligence, causes bodily harm accompanied by substantial pain that extends for a period sufficient to cause considerable suffering; or

(g) Assaults a law enforcement officer or other employee of a law enforcement agency who was performing his or her official duties at the time of the assault; or

(h) Assaults a peace officer with a projectile stun gun; or

(i) Assaults a nurse, physician, or health care provider who was performing his or her nursing or health care duties at the time of the assault. For purposes of this subsection: "Nurse" means a person licensed under chapter 18.79 RCW; "physician" means a person licensed under chapter 18.57 or 18.71 RCW; and "health care provider" means a person certified under chapter 18.71 or 18.73 RCW who performs emergency medical services or a person regulated under Title 18 RCW and employed by, or contracting with, a hospital licensed under chapter 70.41 RCW.

(2) Assault in the third degree is a class C felony.

Do your damn job, like you would if it was anyone else in the community and not part of some "good old boy network"!

Oh yeah, I know it is implied in my letter, but he is indeed on paid administrative leave, which usually means he might be able to keep his job if he completes anger management courses....

This one really leaves a bad taste in my mouth!

Up until him hitting her, it looks like SOP. Aggressive use of force to subdue a prisoner is not uncommon. Had she did as the cops told her, instead of being a little brat, we'd not be here.

Again, he did go overboard but there's more to the story. The BBC is the only one that provided her reason for arrest. The rest are using it to sensationalize the incident.

that cop isn't a soldier, or fighting a war, and thus proportional responses
are called for to preserve rights.

He clearly went beyond what was needed to subdue.

Regardless of what she did, he is guilty of 3rd degree assault and not 4th degree. As a first offense even on a "C" felony, he won't do more than 30 days, but still a message has to be sent that we aren't going to tolerate such behavior. Losing his job should have been automatic, but I know how the agencies in this state work and if he completes anger management and the incident blows over, he will keep his job. I mean to do everything I can to see that justice is served.

Back