this feels weird

kuulani

it's 10:48 pm, and here I am at otc!!

i'm not used to being here at night, but i'm at my mommy's house and she has roadrunner :headbang:

*gives virtual karma to mommy*

*gives virtual karma to Ku'u's mommy* :headbang:

It's 4am-ish here...I woke up TOO early today :blank:

noooooooooooooooope :blank:

I went to bed at 8:30...and I just woke up. it's kinda nice...it's sooooooooooo quiet :D

it is now 5:45 am ... you see what happens when i tease you about being up at 4? i'm cursed to wake up early too :D

the baby isn't due up for another hour, it is nice though, this quiet time ... especially as today will be filled with noisy family all around :D

That was so strange. I typed out a reply and when I tried to submit it, it said "sorry! that forum is not accepting new posts." Hmm. Weird.

Anyway, what I said was that I've caught you online and Nalani online in the past few days, what's going on??

How are you celebrating Turkey Day with your family? Are you cooking? Who's house are you going to?

We flew to Oahu last night to celebrate Turkey Day with my side of the family ... surprisingly the airport wasn't crowded and our flight was actually on time!!!

I got to put in an hour or so of posting & playing solitaire this morning before my mom woke and we started cooking ...

the house is filled with all kinds of delicious smells ... i'm so tempted to taste test everything, but I don't want to be too full to eat later!! :D

My mind was in the gutter when I read the title. I'm sorry. It won't happen again. ;)

Glad you had a great time, Ku'u.

the flight itself isn't long, only about 50 minutes ... the wait at the airport before the flight is longer :D

we fly back home tomorrow noon ... i better get my posting in before then :D

You really would be an addict if you had access at home, wouldn't ya? :D

That doesn't sound too bad. That's about how long it takes for me to get to my sister's house or my parent's. Rusty and I were looking at a new neighborhood for when we're ready to buy a house and it took us 15 minutes to get to my sister's from there.

How often do you see Mom anyway?

I usually see her a couple of times a year :( i wish we could see each other more often ... but since there are only 2 airline carriers that fly interisland, they get to jack up the prices so ridiculously, that we can't afford the flight :(

how much does a ticket between islands run? aren't there ferries or some other method of getting around?

roundtrip tickets can run upwards of $200, depending on flight availability and what-not, mind you, this is only a short 50-minute flight. A roundtrip ticket to the mainland, a minimum of 5 hours and how many 1000s of miles, can go as little as $200-something. (sometimes even $99 oneway to Vegas)!!

AND, since Oahu is the main island, if you live on an outer island, you have to fly there first to catch a connecting flight to another island, they recently cancelled all direct flights to other islands. That's a bitch.

Back