This idiot is an idiot!

Frodo

I will say this. There are a lot of people pushing the "Defense of Marriage Act" to make sure that same sex marriage doesn't contaminate the institution, and yet Adultery is legal. That's like the doctor putting bactine on an old scare while the femeral artery is bleeding.

I say that the promotion of monogamy is good for society, whether you are talking about hetero or homo sexuals. I would not insist gay marriage be called a marriage, but they should have all the same protections and benefits.

catocom

I watched a 60's Billy Graham service last night, on marriage.
Whole different world now, and he thought it was bad then.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
For anyone who has worked in SoCarolina and paid their state taxes and followed their politics and been harrassed by their woefully underpaid, barely literate cops, just for having an out-of-state license plate, this comes as no surprise. The state itself is beautiful in places, and some of the people, poor as they are, are really cool folks, but their state and local guvmints are a shambles and have been since the dirt was young. Compared to South Cacka lackey, Alabrambles, and Florida; Georgia, for all our faults, comes out looking REAL good in comparison.

Really? Florida? Ya think?

I'm not even going to get into your rep who slapped a DC cop, but I digress...he should resign, but with only 18 months left, what would that accomplish.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Don't know about Barbour but neither of the other two can be considered conservative.

spike

"Mitt Romney is a Populist-Leaning Conservative"
http://www.ontheissues.org/Mitt_Romney.htm

Romney: ‘I’m a conservative Republican’
http://www.examiner.com/a-411803~Romney___I_m_a_conservative_Republican_.html

in recognition of your conservative score of 80 percent or more in in the 2008 ACU ratings of Congress; The American Conservative Union hereby designates you an ACU Conservative for the 110th Congress, Second Session."

UPDATE, Additional Info from ACU:

"The American Conservative Union has given its 2008 Ratings of Congress Award to Senator Lindsey Graham for his support of conservative principles on a wide range of issues," said ACU Chairman David A. Keene. "Senator Graham's lifetime rating of '90' over 14 years of service reflects a member of Congress who grassroots conservatives in South Carolina and across the country can look to for leadership."

http://lgraham.senate.gov/public/in...ecord_id=64bf3bf9-802a-23ad-4b7a-6f579a3ed919

catocom

I can tell ya one thing...
any of um that voted, or supported, the comp. immigration, or any of the bailouts, need not apply.

They need to get that straight.

valkyrie

South Carolina's governor Mark Sanford... huh... and I'm supposed to give a shit about some state's two-timing governor? Why? :rolleyes:

Seriously. I don't care. This is a state issue for South Carolina... not Texas.

Done!

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It's worthy of discussion because he was on the short list for Presidential contenders.

jimpeel

Rush hits it right on the head on hypocrisy

Rush on Hypocrisy and he nails it.

RUSH: One more thing about Mark Sanford, before we go to the break and get back to your phone calls. I would posit something here. And there's a lot of people. I've gotten a lot of e-mail since the Sanford story broke: "See, Rush? This is why Republicans have to get rid of social issues. We just have to get rid of them, because this hypocrisy is going to kill us. People are people; human beings are human beings. They're going to have affairs. They're going to have abortions. They're going to do this. And in politics, we're going to lose people. People are going to have affairs. Democrats don't lose people when they're hypocrites because they aren't hypocrites, Rush, because they don't have standards and we do. So we've got to get rid of the social issues, Rush." I'm hearing this from a lot of people. It's something for you to think about. Just a little think piece here. How about the fact that society needs hypocrisy? (interruption)

I'll be happy to explain it, Snerdley. It's simple as pie. I shouldn't have to explain it, but I'll be glad to. I'm not saying hypocrisy is a virtue, but it is a necessary evil. Society needs it. "But, Rush! But, Rush! How can you say that? Isn't hypocrisy preaching moral values and not living up to them?" Yeah, that's exactly right! That's what, in this case, hypocrisy is. But hypocrisy does not deny moral values. If somebody can be immoral and not be a hypocrite, then what's happened to standards? You want a party run by a bunch of people who have no standards? You've got it. You've got it in the Democrat Party and you've had it for years -- and look where it has taken us!

Hypocrisy does two things, both at the same time: Hypocrisy shows -- and you're not going to want to hear this. You're not going to want to agree with me on this. I know you're not. But hypocrisy shows that there are moral values in a culture. Without moral values in a culture, it would not be possible for anybody to be a hypocrite. The fact that we are calling Sanford a hypocrite is the proof that there are still standards of dignity and morality that apply in our society. It also shows... This hypocrisy, it also shows that violating those moral values are wrong. We all think Sanford's an idiot, right? We all think he's stupid. We all think he's wrong. Especially when you read the statement his wife issued. His wife said, "I'm willing to take him back. I'm willing." She said, "I view my life. I've got one legacy in my life, and that's the character and dignity I instill in my children," and that's why what my husband has done is so hurtful and so harmful.

"All the work I've done helping to get him elected and helping him do his job means nothing to me if my kids don't turn out." Why does she care? Well, because morality and dignity matter. And without hypocrisy, we wouldn't know what morality and dignity are. But moral equivalency, on the other hand, that rationalizes away any morality. The Democrat Party exists on moral equivalence. The Democrat Party exists on the concept of defining deviancy down to where nothing is wrong and nobody can be criticized. And I think any healthy society needs moral values -- and, therefore, must preserve them. Hypocrisy is a lot more helpful in preserving morality than moral equivalence is.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to live in a culture with no morality, where anything goes and there is nothing wrong. Then you wouldn't have to worry about raising your kids. Just give birth and let them do what they want to do. It doesn't matter because there's nothing wrong. But you know there are. You know there are certain things -- and, by the way, since we're all human and we all stray and we all stray off the path, it doesn't mean morality is wrong and it doesn't disqualify somebody who strays from knowing what morality is. That's what the Democrats try to do. Any Republican who has a normal human failing, they try to disqualify from ever commenting on morality and dignity, and you do not have to live a perfect life in order to be able to comment on morality and dignity because it is impossible to live a perfect life.

We all have that little voice in our heads, our conscience. We all know when we're doing something wrong. We all know it. If we just listen to the voice in our heads more often than we do, then we'd do fewer things wrong. But we're human. It doesn't mean that we're disqualified from knowing right from wrong, just because we violate the tenets. So... Look, I'm not speaking in a strict political sense here. I'm not saying, "Let's scrub the social issues." I'm simply saying that, 'Give me a society any day where there is hypocrisy as opposed to a society with moral equivalence,' because then we've defined deviancy so far down that we've decided we can't do anything about that particular wrong so we're not even going to try to anymore. We will cease to exist as a functioning society.

spike

Damn, Rush sounds stupider everyday. He was even trying to blame Sanford's affair on the stimulus. :retard:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
former drug addict...or is that like being a drunk - once one, always one