this is getting ridiculous

Dave

as some of you may recall, we had a leak in the sunroom back in december. we got theroof fixed, but the interior work still isnt done.
the adjusters finally agreed on a number a couple of weeks back and we got the check from the insurance company. our adjuster had to sign it, they sent it to us to endorse, then we sent it to the mortgage company for them to hold. they were going to release 1/2 in a week then, when the repairs were almost done, they would send an inspector to see that the work was done and release the second half.
well, we got the check back a few days after sending it. the name of themortgage comapny on the check was the wrong one. i mentioned that to the mortgage company before sending them the check and they said it was no problem and they would deal with it. well, they didnt. we had to send the check back to the insurance company so they could change the mortgage company name on the check. it would then have to go back to our adjuster so they could endorse it, send it to us to endorse, then back to the mortgage company so they could hold it.
phew. thats tiring.
i got a call from the adjuster yesterday. they called the insurance company because they hadnt gotten the check back yet.
wait. this gets good.
the insurance company's adjuster wants a statement of mortgage from my mortgage company to prove they are the actuall lein holders before he will submit it back to the insurance company to process a new check.i called the mortgage company and asked them to fax said statement to the insurance adjuster. they just called back and said their records show some other company as the insurance holder and asked if i knew if it was a subsidiary of the insurance company. i told them i had no idea. they said they would call and find out for me.
i think they have to add a couple more steps to the process. it isnt quite confusing enough. i still have a grasp on what needs to be done.

i still have a hole in my ceiling and i dont have the insurance money yet. i do, however, have a contractor coming by next week, theoretically, to start work on the interior.

Get everyone on the phone at the same time for a conference call and let everyone get on the same page. The the wolves devour each other for a while.

So the insurance company thinks you have a different mortgage company than you do, and the mortgage company thinks you have a different insurance company than you do.

You're fucked. :eh:

not fucked yet, but i plan on stocking up on aspirin for the headaches i can see coming.

It's at times like this when being fluent in Redneck is an asset.

Stick with it Dave. It'll work out. By the time your kids get the inheritance...

Yeah, it is somehow comforting to know that "if you don't, I'll come over there and kick your ass!" is considered an acceptable negotiating statement...just ask my stepfather

SouthernN'Proud said:
Stick with it Dave. It'll work out. By the time your kids get the inheritance...

Considering he has no kids he's got ALONG time to wait...

Back