this is what scares me at work

Thulsa Doom said:
oh thank you so much. I just spent the last hour and a half holding my groin and squinting thanks to this post. Several years ago i had a bad reaction to a um spemicide a girl I was with was using (yeah go ahead laugh it up :rolleyes: ) and the end result was the constriction of my urethra and the inhability to pass any urine at all. for three days... let me tell you everything just simply fades into the background when you cant pee and your WHOLE focus is getting relief at any cost. you forget about food. you forget about work. you forget about sex (sex!! ah!!!). you forget about everything. the whole freaking world can crash and burn for all you care. the animal survival robot personality takes over and its all about doing whatever it takes at any cost to get relief. which for me meant finally going to the emergency room one morning after three days of this. to be told well to determine whats wrog with you we will need a urine sample.... *twitch*....

me: what? thats the whole reason im HERE. what about the burning horrific mind numbing pain in the worst place possible for a male? how do i avoid this? cant you stick a pipate into my bladder or something??

doc: well theres not much we can do. we can stick a needle down there and try to numb the urethra if you want but...

me: GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY URETHEBA WITH YOUR NEEDLES!!!

Anyway to make a long story short... i had to resort to just forcing it out. And let me tell you I can now handle most of the tortures Ive heard about after forcing myself to try to aim a stream of pee into a little plastic cup while i felt like electric charges where attached to each gonad as i opened the stream and then like lava was errupting from my hole. ok I realize im getting way too graphic here but ive been needing to get this out for years... Ill stop now...

*sob*
poor boy...*appropriate wincing smilie here
why couldn't they have given you a catherder (sp)? they just love to give them to me....but i have different plumbing.

a catheter may not have been a good idea. if it was a very localized infection or reation, jambing a tube through it stands a good chance of spreading it deeper.

Spot said:
did either of you get antibioitcs at the very least?

well once they got the lab results back and realize it was the spemicide that was the culprit they realized there was no point.

tonksy said:
poor boy...*appropriate wincing smilie here
why couldn't they have given you a catherder (sp)? they just love to give them to me....but i have different plumbing.

yeah! thats what i kept asking for! just stick it right through my abdomen or something. the pain would be less then doing nothing. but no. i had doctor torquemada.

Spot said:
a catheter may not have been a good idea. if it was a very localized infection or reation, jambing a tube through it stands a good chance of spreading it deeper.
oo-ooh...but i'll bet TD would have been willing to gamble.

Thulsa Doom said:
oh thank you so much. I just spent the last hour and a half holding my groin and squinting thanks to this post. Several years ago i had a bad reaction to a um spemicide a girl I was with was using (yeah go ahead laugh it up :rolleyes: ) and the end result was the constriction of my urethra and the inhability to pass any urine at all. for three days... let me tell you everything just simply fades into the background when you cant pee and your WHOLE focus is getting relief at any cost. you forget about food. you forget about work. you forget about sex (sex!! ah!!!). you forget about everything. the whole freaking world can crash and burn for all you care. the animal survival robot personality takes over and its all about doing whatever it takes at any cost to get relief. which for me meant finally going to the emergency room one morning after three days of this. to be told well to determine whats wrog with you we will need a urine sample.... *twitch*....

me: what? thats the whole reason im HERE. what about the burning horrific mind numbing pain in the worst place possible for a male? how do i avoid this? cant you stick a pipate into my bladder or something??

doc: well theres not much we can do. we can stick a needle down there and try to numb the urethra if you want but...

me: GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY URETHEBA WITH YOUR NEEDLES!!!

Anyway to make a long story short... i had to resort to just forcing it out. And let me tell you I can now handle most of the tortures Ive heard about after forcing myself to try to aim a stream of pee into a little plastic cup while i felt like electric charges where attached to each gonad as i opened the stream and then like lava was errupting from my hole. ok I realize im getting way too graphic here but ive been needing to get this out for years... Ill stop now...

*sob*

Geezus wept! Me sympathies........:(

That sounds bloody horrific!

Thulsa Doom said:
Snipped because I didn't wanna reread it again 'cause....ow *sob*

Ever read a post where you have absolutely nothing relavent to add, but really, really felt you have to reply to because...well, it deserved one?

Yeah

Damn dude....ouch! :(

BeardofPants said:
Yeah, cam? Dunno if you wanted to use "snipped" in relation to penile disfunctions.... :eek: :tardbang:

Shit....

You have a point, hun.

*reconsiders phraseology. Reconsiders reconsidering*

Naw, I'll let it stand. Always go with your first instincts :D

BeardofPants said:
Yeah, I think that the 'point' of that one is worse. :lol:

*decides a cessation of any form of written and or verbal communication on her part may be in order, for her and her fellow board member sakes* :D

Spot said:
no...we'll give you a painful shot in the ass of an NSAID, then make you cool your heels for 3 hours sitting on a stretcher in the hallway down in the back till we get a chance to discharge you. and no, you cant get anything to eat. :p
I can think of about five or six different occasions in the span of a few months where that exact thing happened... at two different hospitals. It averaged out to about 2-3 hours in the waiting room and then 2 or so hours in the back half.

Boy, after reading this thread I have a whole new respect for the er guys than I ever have before. I'm greatful I haven't had to go to the ER for anything serious, ... or anything at all, really. And after reading Oz and Thulsa's ... mishaps ... Gosh. I send hugs to you both.

Back