This means war!!!

:eyepop:

*frantically updates virus scanner, installs redundant back-up, tranfers all important files to 30 CD's and arms firewall with motion detectors and mines...*

Aaahhh! I'm hit! It huuuuurts...... MEDIC!

(actually, it was just a keylogger, but just for the sake of it)

I'm actually surprised that companies like Symantec and McAfee havn't tried this themselves...an anti-virus virus which uses the viruses' own trojan backdoors to track infection patterns and send out anti-viral codes to infected machines.

It'd be a race though...can the anti-virus outrun and catch up to the actual virus before the actual virus can really damage the system?

In the meanwhile...I'll stick by my firewall and my IC measures before other viral-geeks get into the fray.

MrBishop said:
I'm actually surprised that companies like Symantec and McAfee havn't tried this themselves...an anti-virus virus which uses the viruses' own trojan backdoors to track infection patterns and send out anti-viral codes to infected machines.
They're a business just like any other. There's no money in it. ;) Plus, if I were them, I wouldn't dare mix my program's tactics with those of viruses for fear of being viewed in the same light.

I think its pretty funny. They're already in the K's for Beagle.....don't remember any virus going through this many revisions.

Back