This one time... at band camp...

pc_builder

I was curious if anyone here played or currently plays any instruments.

If so, what do you play? And... have you ever been to Band Camp?

I play

- Trombone
- Tuba
- Euphonium/Baritone

I also played a Sousaphone in a marching band, but that's kind of like a tuba.

And, I went to the International Music Camp (I think that's what it's called) for one year. It's at the International Peace Gardens.

edit - I meant one session... in the summer. I didn't go for a whole year.

OMG Your a Brass player too :eek:

I play the cornet, trumpet. flugel horn, henor horn, baritione, trombone, euphonium (at a pinch)

Then theres the flute, clarinet and piccalo,

I went to my churches music school which is the same as a band camp back in 93 and had a great time. never been able to go since coz it always clashes with my summer holidays

I've always wanted to learn more instruments.

Like, trumpet, saxophone, bassoon, maybe clarinet, definitely saxophone though.

I started on trombone because originally, I thought it looked like the easiest one to learn. All it had was that single slide to move in and out. It's a good thing I had a good ear.

Anyway, now I just play valve trombone. Well, I still play slide trombone sometimes. Can't do some of the tricks on a valve one, but I can play a valve trombone faster than I can play slide.

all my friends have always been the band geeks., even to this day, i have friends in mcnesse state marching band. i don't have a musical bone in my body and i hate it.i've tried to learn to play the baritone saxophone, the bass guitar, and a recorder and i just can't...so sad.
my husband played the drums and viola. my best friend in school played the flute and i have friends in the local college band that play tuba and drum line.

I played the Trumpet in Band for 5th and 6th grade. I'd probably either want to go back to the Trumpet, or learn how to play the drums and possibly the guitar. Or both. :swing:

pc_builder said:
I've always wanted to learn more instruments.

Like, trumpet, saxophone, bassoon, maybe clarinet, definitely saxophone though.

I started on trombone because originally, I thought it looked like the easiest one to learn. All it had was that single slide to move in and out. It's a good thing I had a good ear.

Anyway, now I just play valve trombone. Well, I still play slide trombone sometimes. Can't do some of the tricks on a valve one, but I can play a valve trombone faster than I can play slide.

I would never play a valve trombone. They are evil.

Gotta play the slide one. If I canny play all the notes on it and keep the time I swap to flugel and drop an octave.

In fact I dropped from top cornet to 2nd trombone music mid way through a piece at band practice a fortnight ago. Didn't half confuse the rest of the band but it sounded well cool coz the 2nd trom had a twiddly bit and there is no euph at present in our band so the section sounded empty. Only problem was that I was the only top cornet there and so the tune wasn't coiming through coz I wasn'yt playing that part

peterska2 said:
Whats wrong with being white?

I'm white and very musical.

It's a stereotype, that white people have no rhythm. In my case the seterotype is very true.

rrfield

I play saxophone - and all of the dogs run and hide when they see the case come out.

I thought this was a thread about Alyson Hannigan! I gots a crush on her . . .

Sorry it's only small but there are more in a dedicated thread

images5.jpg

I played bass, the four string, need an amp kind, when I was a teenager. Took some lessons, then played in a punk band for a bit. Misconduct, I think we appropriately dubbed ourselves. I was the token chick, which for some reason, people thought was neato.

Then the guitarist broke through a wall during practice one day, and my parents would let us use the community center to jam any more. Too poor for a local, so we kinda drifted apart. I was 16, make allowences :D.

But, I've dated a bunch of musicians, does that count?

Back