This really bugs me...it shouldn't but it does!

markjs

Banned
Taco Bell (a fast food Mexican restaraunt for you non Americans) has had this ad campaign where they advertize "Carne Asada" steak which is in their various tacos and such. For anyone who doesn't know any spanish, carne asada translates directly to meat, roasted, so when they advertise the stuff they are saying, we have "roasted meat steak" as if there were any other kind. But the point is they try to make it sound like it's some special exotic kind of streak. The part that really bugs me, is the the average American is just enough of a useless moron to actually think "Carne Asada steak" is something wonderful and exotic.

The United States is a wonderful place with a lot of wonderful and brilliant people, and a lot more stupid eat what the media hands them MORONS!!!

Well i guess anyone who thinks they're actually going to get something wonderful and exotic from taco bell deserves whatever they get.

Roasted chicken beef? It's either Pollo Asada, or Carne asada. Can't mix the words up like that. It's kind of :confuse2: :grumpy: ...

nonono.. rice, chicken, beef, shrimp, turtle, frog, goat, polar bear, baby seal, emu, yak asada! A culinary triumph!

Dog makes a fine meal... ;) Unfortunately, in Korea, dog goes for around $30 US per pound...

HEY MARKSjs.............I know how you feel, and I agree. Spoofs like that are so common in marketing.

I'm gonna date myself here, when I bring another example up, so, some a you "older" jokers help me out here, but I remember the Chrysler commercials on TV where, Ricardo.........what's his name?.......(Mr. Rork, from Fantasy Island), would be touting the "luxurious interiors, with their fine Corinthian leather".

On a day time talk show, he admittedly declared that there was no such thing as "Corinthian leather". It was just another pile a marketing bullshit.

Didn't matter, (we) the Public bought it, hook, line & sinker.

Fuuny how much bliss is truely found in our ignorance. ;)

Back