Winky

But what the heck?
(this is supposed to be for old Doods
Like me and Chic, Grotto and S&P)
I'll post the answers later.
(prolly won't be necessary though)
Aw jeez it is too easy but WTF?
--------------
1. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, “Who was that masked man?” Invariably, someone would answer, “I don’t know, but he left this behind.” What did he leave behind? _______________________________________.

2. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. in early 1964, we all watched them on the, _________________________show.

3. Get your kicks, __________________________.

4. The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed _________________________________.

5. In the jungle, the mighty jungle, __________________________.

6. After the twist, the mashed potatoes, and the watusi, we “danced” under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the ___________________________.

7. N-E-S-T-L-E-S, Nestlé’s makes the very best, __________________.

8. Satchmo was America’s “ambassador of goodwill.” Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was _____________________________.

9. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? ___________________.

10. Red Skelton’s hobo character was_______________________. He always ended his television show by saying, “Good night and ________________________.”

11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their_________________________.

12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front, was called the VW. What other names did it go by? ______________&_____________________.

13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a son about, “the day the music died.” This was a tribute to __________________________.

14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it; it was called ______________________________________.

15. One of the big fads of the late 50’s and 60’s was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist; it was called the _______________.

I'd say I know a fair amount of stuff considering I'm the same age as MTV:

2. Ed Sullivan Show
3. On Route 66
4. To Protect the innocent
5. The Lion Sleeps Tonight
6. Limbo
7. Chocolate
9. Timex
11. Flags; women later burned their bras as part of the feminist movement
12. Beetle, Bug, Herbie, Firetrap
13. Buddy Holly
14. Sputnik
15. "And I want a Hula Hoop" - Alvin

DISCLAIMER: I ain't that old...

1. Tonto's cell phone number

2. Ed Sullivan Show

3. Out on Route 66.

4. To protect the innocent.

5. The lion sleeps tonight

6. limbo

7. mashed potatoes.

8. Louis Armstrong

9. Timex...and Ron Jeremy

10. Freddie the Freeloader/ God bless

11. draft cards

12. Beetle, bug, piece of shit

13. Buddy Holly

14. Spitcup...I mean Sputnik

15. hula hoop, aka middle aged man's belt

Missed two... never really followed Red Skelton - and for 11, I would've said "Brassiers" and gotten it wrong. Wishful thinking, I'd guess ;)
How old is everyone anyway? I'm 37 which puts me on the high-end of the list, but who's tops?

isnt the answer to #1 a silver bullet, or am i confusing werewolf killers with the lone ranger again?

Bish +5

Hell, I'm old enough to have listened to the Lone Ranger on radio. Knew them all.

2 years younger than God, 2 years older than dirt --- that's me. :)

Professur said:
Well, can I please feel someone younger? You're younger.

You can feel me anytime baby! I just don't think the wife would appreciate it. Although, what she doesn't know........ :swing:

Back