This should make the anti-war type right proud

They've never supported the troops. They just learned to be less vocal about it.

hmm my browser couldn't launch the vid but i'm sure it's the most freakish dipshits from outer space that fox could possibly dig up. not because fox is biased in a any particular way. but because retard-voyeurism sells ad space. just ask jerry springer.

righty right. just like anyone opposed to the war is... anyone even barely right of center is just like tom metzger.

hmm my browser couldn't launch the vid but i'm sure it's the most freakish dipshits from outer space that fox could possibly dig up. not because fox is biased in a any particular way. but because retard-voyeurism sells ad space. just ask jerry springer.

righty right. just like anyone opposed to the war is... anyone even barely right of center is just like tom metzger.

I didn't bother with the video. Was it about the nutcases protesting the docks in Seattle and blocking supplies that had left Iraq?

As a personal observation...if you want to stop troops and supplies going to the AOR, wouldn't it be more intelligent to block things heading over instead of coming back? Buncha dumbasses...:D

I didn't bother with the video. Was it about the nutcases protesting the docks in Seattle and blocking supplies that had left Iraq?

As a personal observation...if you want to stop troops and supplies going to the AOR, wouldn't it be more intelligent to block things heading over instead of coming back? Buncha dumbasses...:D

Nope. It was about the Boy Scouts trying to gather supplies for the troops overseas like shaving supplies and such. They placed boxes at polling places but they were ordered removed because some blissninny said they were a pro war message. But that's Massachusetts fer ya.

Nope. It was about the Boy Scouts trying to gather supplies for the troops overseas like shaving supplies and such. They placed boxes at polling places but they were ordered removed because some blissninny said they were a pro war message. But that's Massachusetts fer ya.

Well shit, that proves everything ever.

What in the hell do you think the PM is for?

I understand, I just don't think it's worth the time or effort in this particular case. I'm erudite, articulate and well read but I don't believe I could put that much disdain and contempt into words anyway.

it's olympia where they're trying to block ships unloading. but i dunno if the video is about those twits... who should certainly be billed for their own removal.

I understand, I just don't think it's worth the time or effort in this particular case. I'm erudite, articulate and well read but I don't believe I could put that much disdain and contempt into words anyway.

Every time I see a soldier in the store I, if I can get away for a moment, go over to them, shake their hand, and tell them thank you for everything they do. Tell your son I said "Thank you for everything you do." and know that I mean it from the dregs of my soul.

In addition, thank you as well. I do appreciate your angst whether you realize it or not.

Here is a writup on the story.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,311908,00.html

Cambridge Officials Put a Stop to Boy Scout Drive to Aid Troops in IraqFriday, November 16, 2007

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. — The city that's home to Harvard and MIT solidified its nickname as "The People's Republic of Cambridge" when it put a stop to a Boy Scout troop's Election Day drive to collect care packages for American soldiers in Iraq, claiming it was "political."

“We just wanted to make a lot of troops happy,” Scout Patrick O’Connor told the Boston Herald.

The big-hearted Scouts from Cambridge Troop 45 had placed donation boxes at the city's 33 polling stations in hopes of collecting toiletries, magazines, candy and other items after one of O'Connor's relatives was injured in an IED explosion while serving in Iraq.

But someone complained to the city, allegedly claiming the boxes were a “political statement,” and the boxes were removed.

Click here to read the Boston Herald story.

“I was devastated that someone would think to take (the donation boxes) out,” O'Connor told the newspaper.

“This was not about supporting the war or any politician or political view," troop committee chairman Jamisean Patterson told the Herald. "This was supporting the brave men and women who are stationed overseas.”

Patterson said the Scouts obtained a verbal OK from the city election commission and polling station officials.

Cambridge Vice Mayor Timothy J. Toomey Jr. told the Herald that a breakdown in communication, rather than malice, led to the boxes being removed.

“Boy Scouts Troop 45’s efforts to support our troops are a benefit for the entire community, and the council will be working with them to ensure that their goals are fully realized,” he said in a written statement.

Every time I see a soldier in the store I, if I can get away for a moment, go over to them, shake their hand, and tell them thank you for everything they do. Tell your son I said "Thank you for everything you do." and know that I mean it from the dregs of my soul.

In addition, thank you as well. I do appreciate your angst whether you realize it or not.

1. I doubt if he'd care.
2. No such exists except in your mind.

was the stuff removed because the people where anti-war, or because they where near polling stations? Here you can't have anything to do any type of politics near a polling station, and if you are working one, you can't wear certain colours.

(I am hoping by polling station they meant there was a vote going on)

In what possible fashion was there any attempt to influence a vote, that is what I'm not seeing.

Haveing a polling station @ a school, vetrans hall, or church might also be considered influencing a vote then?

Back