Those lousy bas...

There ain't that many Dem precincts in Cobb, Thus their need to circumvent the procees and disenfranchise the voter.

And Prof, if this wouldn't piss you off, nothing would. We give these fuckers an ounce of power, and they use it to abuse us. Fighting this crap is worth an ulcer.

HomeLAN said:
And Prof, if this wouldn't piss you off, nothing would. We give these fuckers an ounce of power, and they use it to abuse us. Fighting this crap is worth an ulcer.

I couldn't, nor haven't, said it better myself.

Piss me off? Definitely. I've always quoted that those who seek power are those least qualified to wield it.

His response. I expected nothing less.

In contrast to some opinions, Cobb County held over 20 public hearings prior to the vote. There were also 7 mailers from the Committee and many newspaper articles. We did not have a stealth campaign.

That's it. My reply:

All I know, Mr. Olens, is that this is the first time in two decades that the first visible clue of a county-wide referendum was the sign at the street of my polling place.

However, have it your way. Don't plan on another term, because I don't see you getting re-elected.

chcr said:
8.25% hereabouts. On everything, food included. OTOH, no state income tax.

Hell no. You live in the only state to rival Ohio for troopers per mile (at least TN has a reasonable speed limit)

I heard a peep about that vote while I was down there this week. Incredibly little for a tax increase. The local press must be exempt.

The county and the town I live in resolved their budgets last week.

The county lowered their millage rate by half a mill.

The town only raised theirs one tenth of a mill, to cover a budget increase brought on by the construction of a new sewage treatment plant, and the installation of a pair of generators to power our municipal water system in the event of a power outage, and the installation of a new water tank, which goes on line next week.

I'm OK with the town's increase since we are seeing a significant improvement in the infrastructure, but I was a little surprised that the county lowered their tax.

Back