Those wacky Californians and their immigrants

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
from tonguetied.us

Pro-immigrant activists in California decried as racist a city's plans to train its police to help enforce federal immigration laws, reports the LA Times.

The city council Costa Mesa voted last month to allow its police officers to question suspects arrested for other crimes about their immigration status. Mayor Allan Mansoor insists that enforcement will focus on those accused of serious crimes and that random sweeps are not part of the plan.

Protestors who attended a city council meeting, however, said the initiative was racist. About 80 of them turned up waving hand-painted signs reading "Nobody Is Illegal" and "Mansoor Is a Bigot." Other signs proclaimed the United States the property of Mexico and Americans as the interlopers.
"We demand a reversal of the agreement," said Coyotl Tezcalipoca of the Tonantzin Collective, a pro-immigrant group.

**end**

Nobody is illegal, huh? I didn't know NAFTA gave Mexico the power to write our laws.

Throw 'em all out.

Did that reporter translate the signs for us, or did they actually write the protest signs in English? If the latter, then color me surprised, bigtime.

It's interesting how those who claim California belongs to Mexico don't like it when it's pointed out the Indians (er, Native Americans) were here long before. Probably the same ones who get pissed that the US wants to defend its southern border but are OK with Mexico defending its own southern border.

proclaimed the United States the property of Mexico and Americans as the interlopers

wow, I predicted it would happen sometime this year, but it's really getting off to an early start. :confused:

edit: * double checks emergency kits*

Somebody needs to tell these protesters how Mexico looks after its southern border.

Gonz said:
Somebody needs to tell these protesters how Mexico looks after its southern border.

Like 20 miles south. I have said that they might as well give California back to Mexico, they have aleady taken it over....

No way. Cali may be home to fruits, nuts, illegal aliens & Inky but it's still ours. The principle matters.

Gonz said:
No way. Cali may be home to fruits, nuts, illegal aliens & Inky but it's still ours. The principle matters.

I want to see the fruits and nuts deported and the immigrants put to work...

highwayman said:
I want to see the fruits and nuts deported and the immigrants put to work...

We already tried that. It created more illegals. How about Americans work to export fruits & nuts?

Back