Thump thump thump...another one bites the dust

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
from tonguetied.us

A Christmas charity drive by some elementary school kiddies in BelleVue, Wash. has been axed after some parents complained that the "Giving Tree" with colored mitten all over it was a symbol of Christianity that has no place in public schools, according to KOMO-TV.

The tree at Medina Elementary School, described as a nondescript coil of silver with a star on top, had mittens as decorations with the ages and sex of prospective recipients along with some suggestions about what they wanted for Christmas.

When a parent complained that the tree was too Christian, the school covered the star on top with a bow to appease the parent but it wasn't enough. So the principal put the mittens on other secular symbols of the season -- a sled, a snowman, a 'regular' tree and a plain old counter.

**end**

Silly school. They should have decorated it with swords. That would have been just hunky dory.

Until the last conceivable vestige of anything remotely Christian, thrice removed and separated by marriage, is abolished, these people will not rest.

Exactly. But because it has been identified with a Christian holiday (certain aspects of which I am most certain they themselves endorse and participate in), it must go.

's all right. They'll answer for it eventually.

When a parent complained

the school covered the star on top with a bow to appease the parent

1 person complains and the school caves!??

MrBishop said:
When a parent complained

the school covered the star on top with a bow to appease the parent

1 person complains and the school caves!??

Only takes one anonymous complaint to have the OLF at your door here too.

Heavens no! Perish the thought.

I think the latest acceptable term I saw was: Needlessly Harvested/Synthetically Produced Indiginous Tree-Like Organism Symbolic Of An All-Encompassing Winter Festival Of Multi-Cultural Significance

*SCREAMS AT THE TOP OF HER LUNGS*

THIS IS SO RETARDED!

I remember when I was in school...we sang Christmas songs ASWELL as song for other holidays at our "Holiday Concert" I thought this was a good situation...different holidays being represented and everyone was happy...PEOPLE WHO TRY TO OPRESS OTHERS CELEBRATIONS MAKE ME ANGRY! Just INCLUDING their holidays and beliefs isn't good enough they want us to get rid of ours? You know what I would have to say to these people should any of them ever make the mistake of crossing me? "FUCK YOU!" and I would then proceed to wear my santa hat, eat my candy cane, wrap my gifts in shiny festive paper, all the while giving them the finger.

If they want to opressed Christmas then I will begin to ignore THEIR holiday of choice and throw Christmas in their face every chance I get.

For those who celebrate other holidays but also are not offended by me celebrating Christmas I wish them a Happy Holiday Season :)

chanukah.gif
<---this is not a Holiday Candelabra

christmas.tree-thumb.gif
<---- this is not a Holiday Tree

Holiday_Yule_log.jpg
<---- this is not a Holiday Log

Any questions?

**Please note that pic size does not reflect my beliefs.** <---this is not a Holiday PC Statement ;)

Nixy said:
If they want to opressed Christmas then I will begin to ignore THEIR holiday of choice and throw Christmas in their face every chance I get

That a girl. You're learning.

Gonz said:
That a girl. You're learning.

Nope, always felt that way.

If someone is accepting of me I will be accepting of them. If they wanna try to opress my beliefs they better be ready for a fight!

I love our mayor because last new years when she was giving a speech before the firework she said "In Brampton we say MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

Back