Time for an impeachment

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
WASHINGTON - In a direct affront to the Bush administration, a Democratic senator spent an hour Wednesday with Syrian President Bashar Assad in Damascus, asking him to do more to stabilize Iraq.

Sen. Bill Nelson of Florida, a member of the Armed Services and Foreign Relations committees, met with Assad after the State Department said that it disapproved of his trip. The United States has limited diplomatic ties with Syria because of its support of Hezbollah and Hamas, which the U.S. deems terrorist organizations, and President Bush has expressed reluctance to seek help from Damascus on Iraq until the Syrians curb that support and reduce their influence in Lebanon

Just one more Dem backing terrorists instead of the US.

Source

Didn't Bush mention in a recent speech that he'd be asking places like Syria and Iran for help in supporting a democratic Iraq?

Bush wouldn't do something that smart on his own. Good to see Blair and the senator being pro-active.

Bush wouldn't do something that smart on his own. Good to see Blair and the senator being pro-active.

You're sounding rather Ahmadinejadised......

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?print=yes&id=18302

And now the intrepid Iranian President wants the entire United States to experience the glories of Ahmadinejadization. “It is possible to govern based on an approach that is distinctly different from one of coercion, force and injustice.

It is possible to sincerely serve and promote common human values, and honesty and compassion.…It is possible to lead the world towards the aspired perfection by adhering to unity, monotheism, morality and spirituality and drawing upon the teachings of the Divine Prophets….

We should all heed the Divine Word of the Holy Qur’an: ‘But those who repent, have faith and do good may receive Salvation. Your Lord, alone, creates and chooses as He will, and others have no part in His choice; Glorified is God and Exalted above any partners they ascribe to Him’ (28:67-68).”

Where's the similarity?

You thinking that asking a psychopathic Iranian nutbar for 'help' in Iraq would be the be-all and end-all.

varvel.jpg

Proactive on Iraq stability sounds good to me.

Let me be clearer.

Please, tell me you're kidding when you support a sitting American Senator going to a government leader of a country we have limited ties with by expressly dismissing & countermanding orders not to go.

You thinking that asking a psychopathic Iranian nutbar for 'help' in Iraq would be the be-all and end-all.

That's how I sound like Ahmadinejad? Not only does that not make any sense but I also never said that.

Let me be clearer.

Please, tell me you're kidding when you support a sitting American Senator going to a government leader of a country we have limited ties with by expressly dismissing & countermanding orders not to go.

I saw disapproval not "orders". Maybe you misread your article.

Keep sidestepping the question. Have you ever heard of the State Dept (in thier thought provoking policy wonk speak) order anybody to do anything?

Right, so there were no "orders" against this. The Syrian president is not a terrorist and the Senator was trying to be pro-active for Iraq stability since the White House won't do it.

That's how I sound like Ahmadinejad? Not only does that not make any sense but I also never said that.

Spikey--it doesn't make any sense because I never said you sound like ahmadinejad. When you say that Bush wouldn't do something that smart (ask for Iran and Syria to 'help') and you think to do so would be a 'proactive' effort to reconcile Iraq stability, it appears you have been ahmadinejad-IZED---that you would happily assimilate to, even embrace with open arms the Iranian prez' ideas. The only indication the White House has given that it would even consider a talk with Iran and Syria comes with conditions:

GWB said:
We have made it clear to the Iranians that there is a possible change in U.S. policy, a policy that's been in place for 27 years, and that is that if they would like to engage the United States, that they've got to verifiably suspend their enrichment program. We've made our choice. Iran now has an opportunity to make its choice.....to Syria: Stop allowing money and arms to cross your border into Iraq. Don't provide safe haven for terrorist groups. We've made that position very clear. http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/12/20061207-1.html

Spikey--it doesn't make any sense because I never said you sound like ahmadinejad. When you say that Bush wouldn't do something that smart (ask for Iran and Syria to 'help') and you think to do so would be a 'proactive' effort to reconcile Iraq stability, it appears you have been ahmadinejad-IZED---that you would happily assimilate to, even embrace with open arms the Iranian prez' ideas. The only indication the White House has given that it would even consider a talk with Iran and Syria comes with conditions:

You're sounding rather Ahmadinejadised......

I thought the plan was stability and a government that can run on its own?

Back