timeout issues

unclehobart

I'm having major lag issues with OTC today. I'm facing 10 second+ pageloads as well as 1 or 2 gateway timeouts. Is it happening to anyone else?

Inkara1

I had problems with it last night... less so today.

For more timeout issues... Fresno State's bulldog mascot is named Timeout. they made a new mascot suit for this year, and the face is more cartoonish and the fur is brown instead of gray. It's causing quite a stir in the community. The university said they wanted the face to more closely match the school logo (even though they made the face more cartoonish than the logo) and chose the brown fur in order to match the color of the fur on the live bulldog the school got a year or two ago... Victor E. Bulldog.

Inkara1

So of course, literally the minute after I posted that last post saying things were fine here, the issue shows up for me.

Altron

Yeah, I've been having that issue too. The 20 seconds between shouts is cramping my style, yo.

unclehobart

Sounds like the server is:

a. Going belly up
b. Under a denial of service attack
c. Someone is in the midst of an email spam bomb

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
The server got very very hot on the weekend...I dunno if this has anything to do with that.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Haven't timed out yet but there is certainly a speed/connection issue. It seems that it started Friday or Saturday. My phone has been making unusual noises so I thought I was having a FiOS problem.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Xi, OTC & R-F, plus fury's other stuff, are all on the same server.

It's not only been this one though. I've also noticed some slowdowns on other servers.