today marks for me

today marks for me: A new step in life...Went to try to further my education-if need be-i'll keep trying till I get it it right and then move on from there :winkkiss: .
JUST SO DAMN PROUD OF ME!!!!!!! :D

Congrats on the non-smoking :swing: - I'm not quite at that point in life to make that decision yet...I blame stress, as my excuse... :shrug:

BeardofPants said:
'Grats Freakie, and Mare.

What are you studying Mare?

Ummmmm, Was for my GED and prolly will still be....
The math part was WOOHOO over me's head....(algebra - ughhhh)
But I'll get it sooner or later - Im thinking sooner.... :D

And from there, what ever life decides for me , just going through the motions right now. Decide what I want to be when I grow up.... :lol2:

More less as in "I was stupid for not finishing High School!!!! :lloyd: So now I am getting a GED to try to get a better job....Seems down here in FL, they REALLY check to see if you have a High School Diploma or GED, if not, hurts ya. Trying to get a state or county job, need to look more into the future for me and the boys, bennies for me, pension, etc....

You can take an exam that tests you on things a high school graduate should know. If you pass it, you get your GED. I've known a few people who used that to graduate high school early.

*raises hand*

Dropped out of high school in the tenth grade and got a GED.

You'll do fine on the exam, Mare - hang in there. :)

i dont think my body is forgiving me. I stayed in but a good number of my friends dropped out. they all got their GEDs. Mare just study hard.

Two years is damn good going, I've done about seven months now. I don't miss it at all. Food tastes GOOD! And I don't wake up wheezing in the middle of the night anymore...

Stick with it Freak, I'm proud of you...

Today marks the begining of the end of the begining for me.

Hey kuddos Eric! Stick with it mate, yer a damned sight better than me.............funny giving up alcohol was far easier than the ciggies for me :shrug:

Inkara1 said:
You can take an exam that tests you on things a high school graduate should know. If you pass it, you get your GED. I've known a few people who used that to graduate high school early.

Thats what i took -it was a pre-test to see if your ready for the original test...Back 17 years ago I could have had the chance to go back to HS and get a HS diploma till i was 21, but never went. The GED is what a HS student should know.

:winkkiss: Thnx all for the thoughts....

Back