total score!

tonksy

just got back from the big methodist church here's biannual childrens clothing sale.
i got 20 outfits/dresses, a pair of the coolest jeans, a jean skirt, brown sandals, and a disney princess book with all those talking buttons to push for $99.00. i have to buy no more kids summer clothes!...except for maybe bathing suits...

:eek: How ya doin' man? Loooooooooong time no see!

and wowsers great find tonks!

It's still here, it'll be awhile yet. :(

I love them really awesome sales. They're few and far between, but yeehaw when I find em.

I've been pretty good. Yeah I guess we are getting snow tomoorow, 10-20cm but I somehow doubt that is accurate as we usually get more than what they call for.

K62 said:
Oh I know, man. We are supposed to get about the same tomorrow.

Did you lose power the other day? We got a lot of wind and rain although the temp stayed around 5-6 degrees until the storm was over and then got cold I lost power for about 13 hours.

Twice a year for one day only, spring and fall, Value Village, a used clothing store chain, has a 50% off sale. I usually take both days off and get clothes for my girls for the next season. Usually runs me about $100 - $150 for two kids, and all I need to buy are those special ocasion clothes the rest of the year. I take the day off because it takes patience and dedication to work through all the clothes to find the gems, and the endurance to beat off all the other people doing the sme thing as me :D

Know what you mean Tonksy. Love coming out with those huge bags for so little money :D

Camelyn said:
Twice a year for one day only, spring and fall, Value Village, a used clothing store chain, has a 50% off sale. I usually take both days off and get clothes for my girls for the next season. Usually runs me about $100 - $150 for two kids, and all I need to buy are those special ocasion clothes the rest of the year. I take the day off because it takes patience and dedication to work through all the clothes to find the gems, and the endurance to beat off all the other people doing the sme thing as me :D

Know what you mean Tonksy. Love coming out with those huge bags for so little money :D
i love those things. the local thrift shop in a small town called sulphur louisiana had a bianual "bag sale". you were issued starndard sized brown grocery bags and told to stuff away. each bag was rung up for $5.00! so as much as you could cram in the bag was what you got for your 5 bucks!
baby and toddler clothes and shoes were awfully small :circle:

Cool Beans Tonks..... :swing:
I thought i was the only one liking going to those places. :D
Some people won't dare step inside a second hand store, know what i like to do on a nice day and when im bored...sometimes i'll get the boys ready and we'll stop at some yard sales in the neighborhood, you never know what you'll find and the boyz have fun too....

K62 said:
Hey Nod, How are you doing?

I hear you guys have some snow comming, eh?

Snow? What's that? It was 83 degrees here yesterday, and looks to be close to 70 today. :D

Mare said:
Cool Beans Tonks..... :swing:
I thought i was the only one liking going to those places. :D
Some people won't dare step inside a second hand store, know what i like to do on a nice day and when im bored...sometimes i'll get the boys ready and we'll stop at some yard sales in the neighborhood, you never know what you'll find and the boyz have fun too....

*raise hand* guilty as charged. I'll go for used furniture, but not clothes. Makes my skin crawl just thinking about it.

I'm OK with used clothing if it gets washed before I wear it. The exception is pre-skidmarked underwear; that's a big no-no.

Got some nice suit-pants at those palces... for when my reg pants get either too small or too shiny.

Decent place for kids clothes...between places like Value Village, 'Old Sal', and pass-downs from friends anf family, I'd never have enough clothes for Bishjr. :shrug:

Great place for books and toys too!

Back