ToTUS Dissed by SCoTUS!

Cerise

Supreme Court Delays Chrysler Asset Sale

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg issued a stay in the Chrysler hearing, delaying its proposed sale to Fiat.

The Supreme Court extended the current stay on the sale to hear arguments against the merger, at the behest of groups that comprise Chrysler’s senior secured lenders. The primary opponents of the deal include three Indiana employee pension funds, the widow of a Chrysler employee and several consumer advocacy organizations who filed emergency applications to the Supreme Court Saturday.

Attorneys representing the Indiana state pension funds have argued that if the sale goes through it undermines the established bankruptcy process, while Patricia Pascale, who is suing Chrysler because her husband died of lung cancer that could be connected to asbestos exposure, claims the sale will impede her ability to sue the company for damages. Several consumer advocacy groups have also requested more time to bring a case against Chrysler, arguing that the sale will not allow legal claims against Chrysler to proceed if the company is sold.

This is a big black eye to Overlord Obama.

blackeyedobama.jpg

“UPON CONSIDERATION of the application of counsel for the applicants, and the responses filed thereto,
IT IS ORDERED that the orders of the Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York, case No. 09-50002, dated May 31 and June 1, 2009, are stayed pending further order of the undersigned or of the Court.”

Time will tell if this was just a move by Ginsburg to tell B.O. "you are not the boss of Us" or if the Supreme Court intends to rule on whether the bankruptcy of Chrysler and the sale to Fiat is legal under the bankruptcy laws of the United States.

“It’s the first time in American history where secured creditors were not treated as secured creditors,” Richard Mourdock, Indiana's state treasurer said on CNBC shortly after the delay was announced. "“We don’t think the administration can egregiously and arbitrarily throw 150 years of bankruptcy law out the window without process of law.

“A top Obama administration lawyer urged the Supreme Court on Monday to allow Chrysler’s bankruptcy to proceed, noting that the needs of the economy outweigh the needs of the deal’s detractors.”

Translated: The needs of the collective outweigh individual rights and the rule of law.

Best Case Scenario: SCoTUS recognizes the importance of overseeing what the Executive Branch is doing in the private affairs of these private companies.

That was supposed to be where you apologized.
Not where you cleared up which board member you attacked.
Just because she's a conservative gives you the right to be jackass?

I've never seen her bring anything valid or even remotely reasonable to a discussion. Perhaps a joke or two but that is all. It's all insane paranoid rantings! Tell me where it isn't?!?

Remember, technically, that is not "attacking the poster". I am clearly attacking her posts. Can I help it if it means all of her posts?!?

Hell even Winky and Gonz make sense once in a while. H20 is just a troll so he is on ignore and I rarely read anything he says if it isn't quoted, but the stuff she posts is unprecedented!

Remember, technically, that is not "attacking the poster". I am clearly attacking her posts. Can I help it if it means all of her posts?!?

um, bullshit.

mark, blanket dismissal is EXACTLY what she and certain others do. why would you want to emulate 'em?

mark, blanket dismissal is EXACTLY what she and certain others do. why would you want to emulate 'em?

Because you do?

If you are strictly opposed to the politican beliefs of another, and have shown the error of their ways, blanket dismissals save everyone time & effort.

Back