Tragedy in Toronto

Professur

Drivers in the drink after beer truck flips Wed May 11,12:49 PM ET

TORONTO (Reuters) - A truck hauling 2,000 cases of beer flipped over and unleashed a sea of suds onto Canada's busiest highway on Wednesday, in a scene that could have been lifted from the Canadian cliche handbook.

The early morning accident brought rush hour traffic to a standstill on highway 401 in north Toronto, as rescuers worked to free a woman trapped in the small car that collided with the tractor trailer.

"Believe it or not with this crushed car, the young lady driving it is going to be okay," Ontario Provincial Police Sgt. Cam Wooley told CP24 news.

"We've got sand down now absorbing the beer," he added.

In Canada, beer is closely co-advertised with the national obsession of hockey and an enduring national stereotype is the McKenzie brothers, the 1980s-era comedy team of Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas who swilled beer and ended every sentence with "eh?."

Police said the beer-soaked sand would be scooped into bins and returned to the supplier for destruction.

Source

Oh the humanity...

Actually, most delivery trucks carry various competing brands. The brewries have agreements like that, so that they don't have to send 3 trucks to each store. Unless it was a brewery to depot delivery, it was a mixed load.

PT said:
They saved the woman before saving the beer? The humanity!!!

If she was canadian she was probably drunk by the time they pulled her out.

Rescuer: Don't worry Maam we're here to rescue you.

Woman: Can you wait 'til I'm done my beer.

Yup...the doctors worked on her all night.... it took over three hours just to get this shit eating grin off of her face. :D

Professur said:
Can I get a translation please?

shiva

n 1: (Judaism) a period of seven days of mourning after the death of close relative; "the family is sitting shiva" [syn: shivah, shibah]

Back