Trains, Plains, and Plantains

If I were that dude's professor, I'd have given him an F just for being an asshole. It didn't deserve any kind of grade. Unbelievable. :shrug:

I hate websites like that, that want to install something on you. :disgust2:

as for the artical...
Look like typical college BS to me, or maybe high-school.:bong::shrug:

I like how the professor confused usage of "to" and "too." :D

I honestly can't believe the kid had the balls to submit that paper. I bet he submitted it as a joke and that's why it got posted online.

Looks like he put a few keywords into one of those Essay generating sites to me :eek6:

Still, impressed that he actually submitted it!

I find it fascinating that so many people are impressed with such asinine behavior. What happened to learning and achievement? This is truly the Jackass generation. Sad.

I just found it funny as hell for face value content. At no point did I actually believe it was a real paper. I think its an utter fake. Itssocial satire. If anyone would have handed in such a paper at either the primary or college level they would be facing academic dismissal and outright expulsion.

I guess I stupidly took the "This is a real University Essay" part at face value.

Still don't find it very funny.

abooja said:
I guess I stupidly took the "This is a real University Essay" part at face value.

Still don't find it very funny.
Believe me, if I thought it was real.. wax the little bastards nads.

Nixy said:
If it's in Canada 50 is a passing grade...I dunno about the states though

Depends upon the class, the professur, and the rest of the grades (curve)

I've seen Canadian style tests before and they are a chrome plated bitch. You have to mentally adjust your curve by 20 points to get an accurate reflection versus yank testing. The tests are made so hard that suspicion of cheating would probably befall you if you ever scored above an 85. You can score a 71 on the test and if you fell in the top 15%, you get an A.

Yep, it's the same in NZ - depending on the subject matter of course. Some of the more 'subjective' disciplines are damned near impossible to get an "A" in (the pass-rate being around 50% which is a C-. A+ is above 90%).

Back