Travelin' Man

:hmm: Thanks, chcr. It's bad enough there are cookies here at work without you posting pictures of pie with whipped cream. I hope you gain 30 pounds. :grumpy: :p

We hosted Rusty's parents and I hope we never have to leave the house on Thanksgiving again. It was wonderful. They made us Tiramisu, YUMMY! They left an hour ago so we still have the whole night to ourselves.

Ah bliss.

Yes Leslie, both slices.

Gato_Solo said:
:hmm: Thanks, chcr. It's bad enough there are cookies here at work without you posting pictures of pie with whipped cream. I hope you gain 30 pounds. :grumpy: :p

Gym's closed tomorrow. I guess I'll be spending the morning there Saturday though. :lol2:

Note that the pie and the whipped cream were both made with Splenda™

There are just some things too important to fuck with. Pie & whipped cream are among them.

Gonz said:
There are just some things too important to fuck with. Pie & whipped cream are among them.

Didn't taste any different. Besides, I kinda have to.

Gonz said:
Just wait until Splenda causes cancer. YOu know it'll happen.
Sure I do. We're all gonna die!!!

I gave up the aspartame because it triggers chemicals in your body that make you think you're hungry (that's right, Diet Coke makes you wanna eat), not because of the cancer risk.

Hey, remember cyclamates? :lloyd:

In the meantime, diabetic over here, huh? It's a good way to keep complex sugars out of my diet.

My in-laws live the same nightmare & I offer my condolences for your situation but the originating staement stands. On a positive note, there is splenda. 5 years ago, you went without. (principle, not reality)

I once made pumpkin pie and it wasn't until we were eating dinner that I realized I'd forgotten entirely to put sugar in it. DOH.

We ended up eating it as a savoury with dinner, it was pretty ok after all, though I just wanted to go cry. :lol2:

Gonz said:
My in-laws live the same nightmare & I offer my condolences for your situation but the originating staement stands. On a positive note, there is splenda. 5 years ago, you went without. (principle, not reality)
5 years ago I wasn't diabetic. But there was aspartame.

Aspartame is like crack I think. It doesn't make me wanna eat it just makes me want MORE AND MORE of it. I mix 3L of the low cal juice I love and it's all gone in the matter of two hours...it's like once I start I can't stop!! But I don't really EAT much these days...

Back