Trekkies to enjoy 11th Star Trek film

Professur

Kirk and Spock resurrected
By Lester Haines
Published Friday 21st April 2006 15:21 GMT
New year, new job? Click here for thousands of tech vacancies.

The Star Trek franchise will get a shot in the arm following last year's cancellation of spin-off TV series Enterprise with an eleventh cinema outing for the Starfleet chaps and chappesses.

According to the BBC, citing New Variety, the new movie will centre on the early days of Spock and Kirk at the Starfleet Academy. It will be co-written, produced, and directed by JJ Abrams of Alias and Mission Impossible III fame.
Other movers and shakers in the project are Mission Impossible co-writers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci and Lost producers Bryan Burk and Damon Lindelof, who'll be in the co-production chair.

The new Star Trek adventure has yet to be named, and is slated for a 2008 release. ®

Source

This is gonna suck so bad.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Nemesis didn't get any attention over here. The special edition DVDs are selling for something like 40 pesos. And even at that price, people won't buy them.

unclehobart

Everything but Wrath of Khan sucked.

Howinthefuckinghell are two men in their 70s supposed to pull off that teenager academy look?

Black Hole suck would be more like it.

Professur

I know. I just couldn't resist the opportunity to a) bring up an old forgotten favorite movie and b) take us off topic at the first chance.

rrfield

I tried to watch Star Trek. Really, I tried. A few movies, next generation on TV, the original on TV...I'd rather watch Super Bowls I, II and XXXI in succession while having icepicks shoved under my toenails by Karl Rove.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I thought the movies with the original group were all decent. I prefer TNG but the movies with that group have all been disappointing.

tonksy

unclehobart said:
The only thing that can save this movie is Mr Bean playing the part of the Klingon Chancellor!
:hmm: That would totally take any sexual pleasure I may have gotten out of this film and tossed it out the window.

Professur

tonksy said:
:hmm: That would totally take any sexual pleasure I may have gotten out of this film and tossed it out the window.

You mean you got any sexual pleasure out of any of the others? eiw.*piss3*

ekahs retsam

I really enjoyed Wrath of Khan, Undiscovered Country (my personal favorite), Generations, and First Contact... (II, VI, VII, VIII)

I hated the last two movies with a passion...

Professur

Dave said:
you in the right thread?

Yup.

My personal vote would be KHANNNN!!!!, then No.1. No.4 scores tops on the drivel listing. Someone on their writing team got fucked up the ass, that script was what dribbled out.

Can someone please tell me what level of retardation was brought to bear in Insurrection, to have this huge starship controlled by a friggin' Logitech joystick? Sorry, Riker was everything bad they ever said about Kirk, minus any semblance of acting talent, class, or presense. Picard should have stuck to stage acting. Or at least attempted to be French instead of Shakespearian. Data was the only one with an ounce of talent, and you'll note, he got out while the getting was good.