Trip next year.

My cousin is planning a fairly large vacation trip next year March and we spoke a few days ago of him wanting to take me along ( not alot of dosh from me of course, him rich me poor :D ). We'll be going for 5 weeks to different places, Spain, Montipellier France and Athens, then to North America, Namely New York Queens, Atlanta Georgia, Arkansas Texas, Milwakee, Michigan, Sasquachtan (sp??) Canada, Ontario, Toronto and Montreal, as we got family/mates in all these places scattered and so far most of em have agreed to see us/have us over.
My question is, if any of you live there in any place what are the most historical sites about? Hes a history and culture nut and really loves theses things, i'm like on a pet project to repay him for his kindness and sort of gather a 'scrap tour book of sites to visit' :D

in Ontario, there's whacks of stuff right in Toronto, but it's kinda splattered all over the province too...Kingston *where my mommy lives* has a jillion sites where one can go and learn about how we kicked ass in the War of 1812 :headbang:

Leslie said:
we kicked ass in the War of 1812

Care for a re-match :D

Justintime said:
New York Queens, Atlanta Georgia,

Just look for teh road signs

Justintime said:

Miller Brewing :gag:

Justintime said:

Name a lake

Justintime said:

Nothing to see but you can brag that you've driven the worst roads in America & it was in the ass of Dixie.

I'm looking foward to meeting a true redneck :D So far all i've seen of Europe are really bad roads and impressive alebit really ruined castles.:D

Well... if you want to hook up with a redneck, you should steer clear of HomeLAN and I .. for we are not. Catocom is pretty close. Kruz is a Buffalo, NYer .. so he sounds every bit as Canadian as Les.

Gonz said:
Justintime said:

Nothing to see but you can brag that you've driven the worst roads in America & it was in the ass of Dixie.

You forgot the Slick Willie memorial library.

Note to Justin; Believe it or not, there are as many rednecks in Queens as there are in Atlanta.

Texas is a combination of various things. They have rednecks... but only in a mutt breed capacity. They have pseudo cowboy stock as well as people that are generally known as shitkickers. The bristle at being called rednecks.

If you want 100% hardcore redneck, that would be a box corridor defined by the cities of Bay St Louis, Mississippi... Tupelo, Mississippi... Raleigh, North Carolina ... and Jacksonville, Florida. Anything in that region that falls outisde of a major city should suffice nicely.

Come to think of it.. the densest collection of redneck stock I've ever seen was in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The voice accents may differ... but that attitude is unmistakable.

unclehobart said:
Why would you waste your time in Atlanta. Theres nothing much of note here outisde of top notch strip clubs.

I don't see a downside to that... :D

unclehobart said:
Come to think of it.. the densest collection of redneck stock I've ever seen was in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. The voice accents may differ... but that attitude is unmistakable.

Naah. Those are the wannabe's. The ones who go too far into the redneck realm just so the real rednecks 'might' consider them part of the group...

I'm really hoping this thing comes through, past few 'trips' to various places have been mucked up last moment. I actually turned down a big chance to go touring with various performers as a mate of mine DJ's with various musical backup groups and asked me if i wanted a job.

Gato_Solo said:
unclehobart said:
Why would you waste your time in Atlanta. Theres nothing much of note here outisde of top notch strip clubs.

I don't see a downside to that... :D
The downside is cash flow. A weekend of modest strip club hopping can set you back quite a few quid.

With like 14 stops on your agenda.. and losing half a day for travel to each place... I'm guessing at something like 48hour stops along the way? Man... thats time tight.

Depends on how many days vacation he's actually got saved up...

BTW...I found that strip clubs are only expensive if you sit by the stage. When I would frequent such places, many years ago, I would sit by the bar, and flirt with the bartenders. ;)

Back