Turkey hunting

HomeLAN said:
Of course, you have to watch it up there. There's a black bear who sweeps through from time to time, and you do NOT want to say howdy to Mr. Bear. My blessed (and sometimes misguided) mother has been known to throw apples towards him. We had an extended chat about that.

As a general rule, black bears are not too dangerous unless protecting a cub. Feeding them is a terrible idea, as it can kill them. If a black bear gets used to foraging through garbage cans, eating from yards, etc they abandon their natural habitat in favor of the relatively easy pickings they find.

We have bears here. I have yet to see one in the yard, but it's early still. One was spotted about a mile from the house in the middle of the road. When a car came by, the bear retreated...in the wrong direction. It went away from the mountain. I hope (s)he's OK. Black bears are magnificent creatures.

Whatever your reasons, I think we agree that the lady shouldn't be encouraging his return visits. I think I got it through her head.

I'd say so.

Ever see that video of the black bear in the Smoky Mountains Park that pulled a kid out of a car? The kid was offering it peanut butter on its hands...at the urging of the parents! Made for a cute video awright...morons. :faptard:

Never saw the video, but I've seen people doing stuff out in the woods that was equally stupid too many times to count. Usually involves things like keeping your food in your tent with you, in order to encourage a late-night ursine visitation.

the other morning on my way into work there was a cobb county police officer lugging a deer off of the corner of lower roswell and johnsons ferry. which is a busy commercialized area. strange.

tonksy said:
the other morning on my way into work there was a cobb county police officer lugging a deer off of the corner of lower roswell and johnsons ferry. which is a busy commercialized area. strange.

Maybe he was just checking it for Doenuts :swing:

maybe it was headed to starbucks :shrug:
the thing that gets me is that someone called the cops. that would never have happened in louisiana.

tonksy said:
maybe it was headed to starbucks :shrug:
the thing that gets me is that someone called the cops. that would never have happened in louisiana.

Maybe it was speeding? Ran a red light? Been drinking?

PT said:
Does don't have nuts. The Bucks do. :swing:

Yeah,but it was a Georgia cop ,so yo gotta give them some latitude :evilcool:

Q=Whats the difference between Beernuts and Deernuts.

A=Beernuts are $2/lb and Deernuts are under a buck. :lol2:

When I get home, methinks I'll hit up texasrangers.com and see if I can't find me an authentic Texas Rangers batting helmet.

Back