Two Lips and an angel

greenfreak

Oops did I spell that wrong? I meant TULIPS and an angel. ;)

When Rusty and I moved in to this place, we planted 105 tulip bulbs; 75 red, 10 orange, 10 purple and 10 white. Last year, all of them came up. This year, we got about 30 orange, 30 purple and only two reds! I was kinda pissed about the reds but what can you do? :shrug:

I didn't alter the colors in any of these pictures. I personally think the photo place oversaturated them, especially the reds.

Orange with yellow on the edges:

tulip_orange.jpg

tulip_orange2.jpg

For some reason, the petals of the orange bent out instead of in. Makes for an interesting look tho.

Purples which look pink in these pictures:

tulip_purple1.jpg

tulip_purple2.jpg

I took those inside after I had cut them. I took a ton of pictures but forgot to set up my tripod so all the rest are blurry. :eh:

My two reds:

tulip_red1.jpg

tulip_red2.jpg

And one of only 5 whites that came up:

tulip_white.jpg

Caught that bug in the act. ;)

Now for the angel.

Last Friday, I went to my sister's house for my Godson Jack's first birthday. Jack was in a walker, zooming around the kitchen and dining room. My brother in law was taking a mini pizza out of the oven and when he leaned down to close the door of the stove, little Jack zoomed over and reached up to grab the plate. He put his little hand right in the steaming hot pizza and burned it on the sauce and cheese. We rinsed his hand, put lotion on it, tried to get him to hold a cold washcloth... Finally my sister gave him some Motrin and put him to bed. Not a very good birthday party, I'd say.

I went back on Sunday for Mother's Day and this kid couldn't be happier. He had two huge blisters on the front of his right thumb and another big one on his palm. But don't you know, this kid was all smiles. I just love this kid. Here's the angel clapping his hands for Aunt Tiesha and Uncle Ruddy:

jack.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Those tulips are divine!!!!!!

And the Angel is adorable.:angel2:

What? no green tulips!? This is an outrage! I demand to see my attorney! :D

Cute kid.

Inkara1 said:
greenfreak said:
Thanks everyone! :)

Well, almost everyone.

Was that aimed at me? I was only agreeing with you.

If that's the nicest thing you can say about something I'm obviously proud of, I can accept that. I just don't think it's a comment I'm thankful for, that's all. :D

Justin; the thread title was to get Prof in here again only to be foiled by having a thread about pictures again. He didn't appreciate my last one. ;)

fury; :brow: and you would know, too. ;)

Ya that was a pretty deceiving title. But the flowers are gorgeous gf. I am not a huge nature person, but those are pretty dman nice. I guess I never take the time too really look that closely at the flowers.

That kid is adorable also. Did he have a little drool action going? His chin looks a little shiny!:D

Drool ain't the word. More like an oral waterfall lol You can't really see it because his hands are in the way but there's a big dark patch on the front of his shirt. I think he had just gotten done eating.

Thanks woodman too about the flowers-I never really noticed either till I slowly started getting more and more plants and taking more pictures. Now I take notice of everything, it really opened up my eyes. Now I "stop and smell the roses" more. :D

She pulled me into her little web of flower frenzy too. :D Started out with a couple of packs of seeds....now I got a whole botanical garden thing going on. :trippin:

Regretably, I don't have the patience nor the responsibilty too take care of any living thing. I can barely manage myself, let alone being responsible for plants and dogs and waht not. Although I do have to take care of my greyhound for a bit at the end of the month

Back