Tylenol

[b]

I just saw a commercial for Tylenol Simply Stuffy. This is a medication that is supposed to have only medication that relieves the symptoms of a stuffy nose. The gist of the commercial is why take medications that treat more than what you are sick for.

I've seen ads for several new medicines that are supposed to only treat one problem instead of cocktails that treat everything. My problem is that many of these same companies are the ones that used to say, "Why take brand x to relieve only this symptom when you can take our brand and treat all these symptoms."

Pert Plus has done the same sort of reverse marketing. They were real big into the whole, why have two separate bottles when you can get your shampoo and conditioner in one. I saw several weeks ago an ad by them the was all about how you could now get them in separate bottles. As if they had thought that up all by themselves. They started the one bottle craze in the first place!

Arggg!!!! Death to ad execs!!!!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
[b said:
]I just saw a commercial for Tylenol Simply Stuffy. This is a medication that is supposed to have only medication that relieves the symptoms of a stuffy nose. The gist of the commercial is why take medications that treat more than what you are sick for.

I've seen ads for several new medicines that are supposed to only treat one problem instead of cocktails that treat everything. My problem is that many of these same companies are the ones that used to say, "Why take brand x to relieve only this symptom when you can take our brand and treat all these symptoms."

Pert Plus has done the same sort of reverse marketing. They were real big into the whole, why have two separate bottles when you can get your shampoo and conditioner in one. I saw several weeks ago an ad by them the was all about how you could now get them in separate bottles. As if they had thought that up all by themselves. They started the one bottle craze in the first place!

Arggg!!!! Death to ad execs!!!!

They did it with diapers too, when my first was born, the craze was 'for boys' and 'for girls', then as the third was born, they went back to advertising the unisex ones again with great pride :retard:

If I bought cold medicine stuff for each individual possible symptom for every member of the family I'd have a chest full of useless stuff that would expire before it was ever even a quarter used. No way. But that's what they're going for. $$$$$

[b]

Something else that bothers me is "light" beer. I don't understand...how many weight conscious alcoholics are there?

The same goes for fat free sour cream. If you have a problem and can't stop and just a little regular sour cream, then eating an entire container of fat free sour cream isn't going to be any better for you.

Oh, and lets talk about reduced fat and fat free milk. Gross! It starts getting thinner and thinner and takes on a gray tone. It's baby cow food for goodness sake. If it's too much for you put water on your cereal.

I'm still waiting for human breast milk farms. I mean, that stuff is made for our consumption. I wonder if baby cows would put in on their hay in the morning...

And, yes, I realize that nobody is forcing me to buy it. I don't. But Bill does sometimes and it pisses me off. Actually, what he'll do is buy me whole milk and him fat free, and then end up taking my milk with him to work and leaving me with that fat free crap. *barf*

Ok, I feel better now.

whoreable

i like how you point out everyday things and talk about them.

you are like the next sienfeld.

greenfreak

I realized once I started dieting that so many of the things that are 'low fat' and 'fat free' are but they double up on the salt to make up for the tastelessness of the product and salt makes you retain water. :rolleyes:

I do like 2% milk to drink though, it's not as heavy as regular milk but when it comes to my coffee, it has to be half and half-the thicker the better.

Aunty Em

greenfreak said:
I realized once I started dieting that so many of the things that are 'low fat' and 'fat free' are but they double up on the salt to make up for the tastelessness of the product and salt makes you retain water. :rolleyes:

I do like 2% milk to drink though, it's not as heavy as regular milk but when it comes to my coffee, it has to be half and half-the thicker the better.

I don't drink milk - I'm allergic - asthma, eczema, etc - atopic gene. I don't add salt when I'm cooking and the food tastes fine. You'll also find that they increase the amount of sugar in low fat foods as well - it's better to choose unsaturated fats and eat less of them as too low a fat diet is damaging to your health because we all need a certain amount glycerides for normal body functions. I just keep my intake to 25% of total calories or less.

greenfreak

Drinking milk aggrivates asthma? I know that acid reflux brings it on for me, and usually when I have something spicy that's going to aggrivate my stomach, I drink milk with it. I thought it helped, I wonder if it's been doing the opposite. :confuse3: