U-Scan

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
As often as I've seen people ignore warnings about what not to do while pumping gas, I think it should be full-serve only in every state. :shrug: Isn't your life worth the extra 3 cents a gallon when you see some 'crack-head' lighting up a smoke, or dialing away on his/her cell-phone with all those fumes drifiting up from the filler-pipe?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
chcr said:
Psst. The cell phone thing is an urban legend. ;)

Not according to the gas pumps I've seen. They all have a warning label on them against using cellular phones.

chcr

Too cute for words
Gato_Solo said:
Not according to the gas pumps I've seen. They all have a warning label on them against using cellular phones.

A tribute to the ubiquity of urban legends in the information age. Cell phones are printed circuits, there are no relays or contacts to create a spark. They have the signs here too, BTW.

Link

Smokers on the other hand...

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
I've seen the labels as well, but afaik they are there because an incoming/outgoing call produces interference and can mess the computer of the pump, giving you an incorrect ammount of gasoline.

chcr

Too cute for words
The signs here actually show a fire danger warning, if I remember correctly. I don't really look at them. :shrug:

Inkara1

Maybe it's because some Kyocera phones had a tendency to explode in the user's hand, and an exploding phone in close range to a gas pump isn't a good thing.

Winky

So whut's it take
to attain whorable sr.

Didn't my post make as much sense
as the rest of the stuff?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
I have used those self checkouts once...and NOWHERE did it tell me not to pick up my bags til my transaction was complete...when my transaction was complete it said "Please remove your bags" but at that point I had already picked them up and caused the watcher lady to come over and sternly tell me to put them back...which I did...THEN it told me to pick them up...I had never used one before and I had NO idea that I was suppose to leave the bags there til it was finsihed...nowhere did it say that...

Oh, and there are some self serve gas stations around here and a lot of them are the same price as self serve (GO DISCOUNT GAS STATIONS)