UK Awaits Obama

Ummm..he didn't play basketball. That was a lie. Other than that, the lack of a 'photo-op' is spot on...

Actually that was a lie too. As shown above.

It's kind of funny seeing the newscasters discuss the possible repurcutions of McCain running ads with claims he knows aren't true.

I heard he blamed the Pentagon for not letting him visit http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/25/AR2008072502979.html?hpid=topnews

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama scrubbed a visit to see wounded U.S. servicemen and -women in Germany because of concerns raised by the Pentagon that the stop at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center could be seen as a political event, according to Obama’s campaign.

The Pentagon said on Friday that it did not prevent an Obama visit.

“Nobody denied Senator Obama the opportunity to visit our wounded being cared for at Landstuhl. Obviously, as a sitting senator, he has an interest in that and can certainly visit in an official capacity,” said Bryan Whitman, a spokesman for the Pentagon, who added that there are “restrictions on what you can do as a candidate for political office, that stems from trying to maintain political neutrality and not have the military involved in politics.”

“The senator’s staff was informed of the limits on what the military can do with respect to a political campaign and how we could support a senator’s visit to Landstuhl and, quite frankly, I expected them to have the visit,” Whitman said.

...so he went to work out instead of just going by himself and met this nice reporter:

0,1020,1253662,00.jpg

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/0,1518,568532,00.html

Yes. I know. There are much more important things than evaluating the character and integrity of our presumed presidential candidates. :rolleyes:

That would be your theory. :shrug:

Oh, look: he finally got his photo opp.

0,1020,1253662,00.jpg

And she said he doesn't even perspire. Wow--whata hunk. :rolleyes: Real attractive.

Real men sweat, don't they? And they stink a little, too. :shrug:

Not rancid, mind you, like the above Mr. Obvious.

I'm sayin' it's a good smell.

I know. But but not enough for me to vote for him on looks alone.

Now, if it was George Clooney..... no wait, he's a lib.

;)

is

I always thought "Hidalgo" was a pretty cool movie, and he was why.

*sigh* But I realize they're all libs....

is

I'm waiting for the guys around here to put their fingers in their ears and go "lalalala".

Back