UKers only

What's your connection speed?(UK ONLY)

• 56k or less

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • isdn or better

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters
ISDN or better? you kidding? we got Cable and DSL all over the place dude..i think most people here are 512k or more.

CS

Yeah, 600k cable in house down South, and 600k cable in house up North.

Haven't had to use a modem since December 2001 :headbang:

HeXp£Øi±

Justintime said:
ISDN or better? you kidding? we got Cable and DSL all over the place dude..i think most people here are 512k or more.

Exactly what i wanted to display. I don't think most Americans know just how far behind Europe our infrastructure is.

peterska2

I'm on a dinky 150k cable modem here but when i go to my fellas we have a 600K cable modem there. I'm looking at getting a 1meg here instead of the 150k though coz i wanna start getting into online gaming.

Arris

I clicked 56k, but the connection only gets 40k :(
The reason for this is I'm living with my folks again at the moment. As soon as I find an apartment that I want to buy (and am back in the UK long enough to arrange the purchase) I'll be on ADSL, at least 512k... :D

Raven

Annoying SOB
peterska2 said:
I'm on a dinky 150k cable modem here but when i go to my fellas we have a 600K cable modem there. I'm looking at getting a 1meg here instead of the 150k though coz i wanna start getting into online gaming.
You'll be lucky! Cant get it, been trying for a while.

I'm on a 100mb corporate LAN at work

peterska2

steweygrrrr said:
You'll be lucky! Cant get it, been trying for a while.

I'm on a 100mb corporate LAN at work

They've only just let me have it.

Get on the phone to ntl and tell them that your mate only just round the corner has just had it put in and that you want it too.

Speak to a manager.

If that don't work let me know coz I have contacts in there

Raven

Annoying SOB
No what it is is this: NTHell have run a cable along hawthorn avenue, central avenue, plodder lane and laburnum but they wont run a cable down north. Even though we have an NTHell phone line and used to have their cable TV

peterska2

if you have ntl phone and TV then it all comes through the same cable.

PM me with more details and I'll see what I can find out for you.

peterska2

yeah but it's not enforced at the mo.

look at this site if you want to know about the cap

www.anticap.co.uk

and i've still got al my contacts nice and live so I CAN FIND OUT PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING I need to