Unc...

Ards posted a pic one day (of his desk, right beside the door)_ and Unc ommented on the lack of weather stripping on the door.

I am assuming that is the same door and he has now weather stripped it.

Nixy said:
I am assuming that is the same door and he has now weather stripped it.

Yep. Unc told me I should weather strip it, so I posted a pic with the towel in front of it that we were using for ad hoc weather stripping.

Saturday I went out to purchase a new door, but the hardware store didn't have the one I needed, so I just got the weather stripping instead. I figured Unc would be proud of me for fixing it. :p

Still looks like a fair bit of light coming in under the door there, ards...Maybe you still need the towel. ;) :p

Gato_Solo said:
Still looks like a fair bit of light coming in under the door there, ards...Maybe you still need the towel. ;) :p

If I had pushed the strip down into the carpet more, the pressure from opening and closing it would have popped the screws loose pretty quick. The wood in the bottom isn't too strong. What I really need is a new door. This one has had it. :grumpy:

Actually, what I need is a house. Someday... :)

Good man.. Considering that you live in Florida and the size that the gap used to be, I wouldn't be shocked to hear tales of being swarmed by palmetto bugs.

unclehobart said:
Good man.. Considering that you live in Florida and the size that the gap used to be, I wouldn't be shocked to hear tales of being swarmed by palmetto bugs.

Naw... we had a few rats get in, but it was too small for the palmetto bugs. :p

Back