Untrackable UPS

Professur

does anyone here ship UPS on a regular basis? I bought something on E-bay recently, and it was supposed to have been shipped UPS the same day I paid. Over a week, and several unreplied to emails later I ... Well, you read it

It is not trackable at this time, that's why we have refunded you in full.

If it does show up however, we kindly ask that you reverse the refund.

Thank You for your time

Paul
Gooddeals1452

> Thank you for the prompt reply. I would rather have the part, if it's
> trackable.
>
> -----Message d'origine-----
> De : Gooddeals1452 [mailto:[email protected]]
> Envoyé : Wednesday, September 28, 2005 1:47 PM
> À : Williams John
> Objet : RE: Your eBay item has been shipped.
>
>
> We have refunded you in full, you should have recieved your item in one
> day.
>
> We sincerely appologize for any inconvenience this may have caused...
>
> Paul
> Gooddeals1452
>
>
>> This is the third and final time I will attempt to resolve this
>> amicably.
>> I still have not received the part, nor any reply to requests for the
>> UPS
>> tracking number. If I have not received a reply by the end of business
>> today, I will begin action against you. You received my payment on the
>> 20th, and claim shipment the same day. I'm unaware of any method of
>> transport that takes more than a week to travel from Hamilton to
>> Montreal,
>> but I'm willing to extend the benefit of the doubt. But my patience with
>> the lack of replies is at an end.
>>
>> -----Message d'origine-----
>> De : eBay Member: gooddeals1452 [mailto:[email protected]]
>> Envoyé : Tuesday, September 20, 2005 2:24 PM
>> À : Williams John
>> Objet : Your eBay item has been shipped.
>>
>>
>>
>> We have shipped the following item to you. You should be receiving it
>> shortly.
>>
>> Item title: Plastic Welding Kit - Starting @ $1 WOW
>> Web Address:
>> http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7546084278
>> Item number: 7546084278
>> Buyer User ID: professur
>> Seller User ID: gooddeals1452
>> Total: US $45.36
>>
>> Once your item arrives in satisfactory condition, please leave feedback
>> for us. We will do the same for you. If, for any reason you are not
>> satisfied with your item because of damage or defect, please be sure to
>> let us know, before leaving feedback ad we will work with you to rectify
>> the situation.
>> Be sure to check out our Ebay store often for more "Good deals"
>>
>> Thank you again!
>> Gooddeals1452
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> Learn how you can protect yourself from spoof (fake) emails at:
>>
>>
>> This eBay notice was sent to [email protected] from eBay. Your account
>> is
>> registered on www.. As outlined in our User Agreement, eBay will send
>> you
>> required notifications about the site and your transactions. If you
>> would
>> like to receive this email in text format, change your notification
>> preferences at:
>>
>> See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement if you have questions about
>> eBay's communication policies.
>> Privacy Policy:
>> User Agreement:
>>
>> Copyright © eBay, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
>> Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective
>> owners.
>> eBay and the eBay logo are registered trademarks or trademarks of eBay,
>> Inc.
>> eBay is located at 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA 95125.
>>
>
>
>
> -----------------------------------------
> This email was sent using CleanMailOnline.com.
> "Your Spam and Virus Solution"
> http://www.cleanmailonline.com/
>

-----------------------------------------
This email was sent using CleanMailOnline.com.
"Your Spam and Virus Solution"
http://www.cleanmailonline.com/

Needless to say, I'm stumped. I was under the impression that UPS is always trackable. In fact, that's about the only reason I can think of to use them.

UPS is never untrackable... knowing where things are, being scanned at every stop, is the backbone of their business. My thought is that they never shipped it, intended to keep your money (and anyone elses that wins a bid), only refunding when the buyer seems serious about taking action.

You should turn them in to eBay for investigation as well as leave bad feedback.

Yeah. And if monkeys fly out my ass...

All that over a one dollar item. It cost 'em more than that to ship it, which I am aware you likely paid for in the first place. Still, I would wager that this one dollar item ain't real high on their priority list.

Write 'em off after you cash the refund. If the gizmo shows up, call it a bonus.

SouthernN'Proud said:
All that over a one dollar item. It cost 'em more than that to ship it, which I am aware you likely paid for in the first place. Still, I would wager that this one dollar item ain't real high on their priority list.

Item title: Plastic Welding Kit - Starting @ $1 WOW
>> Web Address:
>> http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=7546084278
>> Item number: 7546084278
>> Buyer User ID: professur
>> Seller User ID: gooddeals1452
>> Total: US $45.36

the item starts at $1 .. he paid $45.36 for it.

the seller seems to have a fairly decent feedback record though. they don't look like the type to just pocket the money and run. perhaps it got stuck in limbo somewhere between the seller and being scanned the first time by UPS.

UPS - Use Purolator Stupid

No, it's not possible for it not to be tracked. All shipments have bar codes that are entered into the scanning system and sent to the central office computer. They should have been able to provide you with a waybill number if it actually was shipped, which at this point, is very unlikely.

UPS is awesome about being tracked, unfortunately it's also a little slow because of it, but whatever. My guess is that it wasn't shipped, possibly that he didn't have the item right on hand and was waiting for it to get in (buying time as it were) or the one he had turned out to be defective and was trying not to let on that he had to find a new one. Just guesses seeing as how he did have a decent record, I doubt he'd just be cutting and running, especially for that low of an amount.

What bothers me the most about this is that he completely ignored the first two emails I sent, but replied within half an hour when I threatened to red flag his e-bay account.

Overall I would put in a bad comment for him anyways... Even if he wasn't trying to just keep the money he handled this comletely wrong.

Professur said:
What bothers me the most about this is that he completely ignored the first two emails I sent, but replied within half an hour when I threatened to red flag his e-bay account.

Like others have said he may have been stalling .

Did you pay extra for next day delivery?
so he gets the $$$ for next day and then ships it out at his leisure .If you complain ,he'll refund ,but expects full payment when it does show up.I bet he give you bad feedback if you don't promptly pay up when it does eventually show up.I'd try and see if UPS is having any probs at their Hamilton division,maybe someone stole one of their trucks or sumthin,but the seller should still have beeen able to provide you with am shipping invoice to prove it was sent.

the only way it is untrackable is if the guy lost the waybill.

it must be scanned at pickup, and at every stop inbetween.

the only exemption is bulk budget shipments, when you lbel every box with a sticker, but the book is scanned, if one is left behind, it is lost, and untrackable.

Professur said:

In an interesting bit of synchronicity, I'm having a similar problem except that they won't even say how it was shipped (and never notified me it had been). The third, threatening email was the first that got a response though.

I'm with everyone else though, I've never had one (well, in the computer era) that wasn't trackable. Even if they lost the waybill as Paul suggests, less than 10 minutes on the phone will get the shipper the tracking number. If you have an account it's 15 seconds on the website. :shrug:

There are also instances where the package is, for arguments sake, a single overnight letter amongst 100+ pieces going out the door that day. All of the drivers, like pizza delivery, are under quiet pressure to be quick over percise. They will run along the stacks and laser scan everything into the system while its on the dock and then pack it all on at the last so as to be more time efficient instead of being methodical and clearing each piece at a time. When they scoop up several things at once in either their arms, a box truck, or a box float ... something eventually slips off and flies away in such a way that it doesn't get noticed ever again (behind a desk or filing cabinent .. etc.). It shows up as being seen and accepted into the system and never making it past square one. It can also happen back at the UPS terminal, albiet rarer. 99.99% a package drops, it is seen and picked up. Its that one time in ten thousand where the fun begins.

Back