unused icons?

alex

This has got to be the stupidest Windows feature ever. Yes, I have icons on my desktop, I don't use them all the time....get over it.....I don't want to delete them, they are there for a reason. I went thru and checked "never delete" on all the icons listed.....WTF? It just keeps coming back.

Is there any way to turn this 'feature' off?

alex said:
This has got to be the stupidest Windows feature ever. Yes, I have icons on my desktop, I don't use them all the time....get over it.....I don't want to delete them, they are there for a reason. I went thru and checked "never delete" on all the icons listed.....WTF? It just keeps coming back.

Is there any way to turn this 'feature' off?
Right click, Properties, Desktop, Customize Desktop, uncheck Run Desktop Cleanup Wizard...

I was at the DMV to get my license renewal taken care of, and on the screen that shows what number is currently being served, the "there are unused icons on your desk top" bubble was there, in all its glory.

tommyj27 said:
does said wizard run himself automatically and delete all the icons?

If you don't turn it off it runs automatically and suggests to you which icons to delete...it doesn't delete anything without your permission.

unless you're madly pounding on the keyboard and the windows happens to pop up just as you hit enter. i've had that happen before, just not with the cleanup wizard.

Back