Update On My Nephew....

Kruz

Kruz said:
****Update From Today****

My sister in-law got a call at 3:30am this morning telling her to get Drew to the hospital. They did his blood work yesterday and they had bacteria growing in the sample by the middle of the night. She got up got him to the hospital and they started meds right away. They are going to redo his central line because it is most likely to be coming from there.

Then we get the even better news that the cancer is being hard to deal with and not only is he going to have to go to Baltimore for the stem cell transplant for 6 to 8 weeks. He is also go to have to go to NY for antibodies treatments for 6 months. With all the chemo he has got so far the cancer is still spreading and not going away. They now have found it on one of his lungs. They still plan to remove the tumor but it is going to cost him a kidney so far.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers...

um, that actually made me laugh - the respectful silence and BOP turning up and going 'Bugger!'

sorry - don't mean to be disrespectful

...i'm, hungover .. it's like when someone lets rip a loud one in church at the most in opportune time ...

of course, don't get me wrong, nothing at all wrong with Bop's comment ... it just made me laugh :shrug: ... the timing i think ...

kruz ... as Gonz said ... what can you say?

That all sounds so gut wrenching a thing to have to
a) have
and
b) have to go through as a family.

How old is your nephew?

Cancer :grumpy: is a bitch, lost my dad to it.:grumpy:

In a funny old way, boards like this help a little bit to let off steam, talk and know that others have been / are in similiar positions ... a kind of very informal supportive network - at least that seems to be the general concensus whenever others on other boards have had dealings with or deaths through Cancer etc ...

I hope it helps you as a tiny release valve etc.

How is your sister bearing up?

Anyway, Kruz - for someone "not knowing what to say", i'm starting to waffle ...

Best wishes to you and your family, BBx

Back