US forces 'used chemical weapons in Fallujah'

flavio said:
You don't care if the government lies to you?
99% of um lies on ALL sides of the isle.
If "I" worried about all of um, I'd flip completely out.
So it comes down to what we can catch um in, and then, like I said....
in most cases the only thing that is done is some poor mouthing.
We'll never be able to get totally away from it because we don't have enough REAL
choices to vote on, and even if we write someone in, they won't get in, So
[takes a breath] we're back to square one.
We just have to pick our battles, and I choose to pick the ones that directly
affect ME, most of the time.

The military lying, during the course of an ongoing war, is not a problem. The release of false information, during an ongoing war, is in all reality, a good thing.

Gonz said:
The military lying, during the course of an ongoing war, is not a problem. The release of false information, during an ongoing war, is in all reality, a good thing.

But lieing for no gain when telling the truth wouldn't cause harm and when that false info can easily be disproved is foolish and the US administration is time and time again proving that.

A.B.Normal said:
But lieing for no gain when telling the truth wouldn't cause harm and when that false info can easily be disproved is foolish and the US administration is time and time again proving that.
That's what I keep telling people about Kennedy. He just can't tell the truth.
It's become a habit for him.

flavio said:
I guess spouting nonsense is more important to you?

I tell you what. When you can show me that lies only come from one side of the political spectrum, then you can call what I said nonsense. Until then, read what I say, not what you 'think' I said. We'll all get along much better that way, even if we are on opposite ends of the political spectrum. Now read what I said again, and this time, don't read into it.

Gato_Solo said:
I tell you what. When you can show me that lies only come from one side of the political spectrum, then you can call what I said nonsense. Until then, read what I say, not what you 'think' I said. We'll all get along much better that way, even if we are on opposite ends of the political spectrum. Now read what I said again, and this time, don't read into it.
Which post are you referring to? Just because lies come from many people doesn't make it ok.

flavio said:
Which post are you referring to? Just because lies come from many people doesn't make it ok.

Pick one. You seem to misinterpret all of them equally.

BTW...Back on topic...

Bush has made two speeches in recent days that painted Democrats as hypocrites for criticizing the Iraq war after earlier supporting the idea that Saddam should go.

Although critical of some administration tactics in prosecuting the war, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., said Sunday that "I think it's a lie to say that the president lied to the American people" about prewar intelligence on weapons of mass destruction.

Back