Vacuum cleaners

chcr

Too cute for words
Sleeping Giant said:
If I get one of those home steam cleaners, like what Bissell makes or similar, do I also still need a regular vacuum cleaner?

Yes.

tonksy

steam cleaners do not have bags to collect junk like a vaccuum...they are made to clean the carpets and upholstery...not pick up cookie crumbs and cat hair.

tonksy

Sleeping Giant said:
So what's a good vacuum cleaner? A friend of mine has told me that Dirt Devils aren't that great. I've been looking mainly at Hoover. I don't need a self-propelled model, I'm not that lazy (not yet, anyway). But I do need a lot of cleaning power. So, any thoughts, opinions, or comments would be appreciated.

Here's one I like: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=1051384394716&skuId=4649492&type=product&productCategoryId=cat05040
make sure you get an upright. this is from experience...those others are a bit unweildy...and i recommend a bagless with a hepa-filter...if i had vaccuum money thats what i'd get.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
I'd recommend an Oreck if you've got the money. They are super light and do about the best job I've seen. I used to have one, my Ex has one now.

Oz

don't buy a Dyson........good suckage (so to speak) but they are fragile as hell, mine didn't even survive being dropped down the stairs :eh:

Best vacuum is the old Kirby.

Oz

Thulsa Doom said:
vacuum? oh you mean one of those things you use when you spill a whole box of cereal?

that's a puppy dog TD.......a vacuum cleaner is the thing you plug into the wall ;)

chcr

Too cute for words
I have a central vac, I love it. Kind of hard to put into an existing house though. Serious suckage because it doesn't matter how loud the motor is, it's in the garage. That's where all the dust goes too.

Hey Oz, re your av: "Whiskey!!!!!!"
I always enjoy Dougal's little pearls of wisdom too.