Van Helsing

freako104

I just saw it today. it was allright. it was more of an action movie with monsters. but some cool things and some funny lines. Not as good as I had hoped it would be though

freako104 said:
I just saw it today. it was allright. it was more of an action movie with monsters. but some cool things and some funny lines. Not as good as I had hoped it would be though

Man, that's just what I thought. I thought the friar stole the show. Other than that, an action movie with monsters, not a monster movie. The flying effects were cool though. Not a waste of money by any means.

I dont see how other than maybe the trenchcoat. he doesnt really look like Arucard nor act like him either

It keeps reminding me of Van Halen. I keep accidently saying Van Halensing instead of Van Hellsing, though a guitar slingling action hero would be cool.

Kill them with super fast guitar tapping....Van Halensing style.

freako104 said:
I dont see how other than maybe the trenchcoat. he doesnt really look like Arucard nor act like him either
Name, theme(vampires), clothes, guns, and, based on the poster and official site, style(gothish).

freako104 said:

Well Hellsing is suppose to be based on the whole Van hellsing universe. In Hellsing, one of the main characters: Integra Sama is the great, great grand niece of Van Hellsing.

Saw it last night too. :D I think al jourgensen should have played Van Helsing.

nr51996.jpg

My kid is a big fan, so I've gotten to see it a few times by now.. I think it's ok. Hugh Jackman is yummy, the effects are good, quite entertaining all in all. Kate Beckinsdale annoyed me a bit though. And that transylvanian accent, sheesh...

Just saw it last night... the Friar is great :)
The whole 'James Bond bit with the weapons is hilarious' :D

The flight sequences were pretty good, the werewolves were better than the vampire effects.
Is it just me or did they steal Mr.Hyde from "League of Extrordinary Gentlemen'?
I still don't get how being bitten by a werewolf would kill a vampire instantly

Other than that...not a bad flick... not my fave of vampire flicks, but not bad.

MrBishop said:
Just saw it last night... the Friar is great :)
The whole 'James Bond bit with the weapons is hilarious' :D

The flight sequences were pretty good, the werewolves were better than the vampire effects.
Is it just me or did they steal Mr.Hyde from "League of Extrordinary Gentlemen'?
I still don't get how being bitten by a werewolf would kill a vampire instantly

Other than that...not a bad flick... not my fave of vampire flicks, but not bad.

I think you're off about 70 years bish. They stole all the characters from early American movies. Frankenstien, Dracula, Werewolf, dr jeckyl & mr hyde are all from the same genre.

HeXp£Øi± said:
I think you're off about 70 years bish. They stole all the characters from early American movies. Frankenstien, Dracula, Werewolf, dr jeckyl & mr hyde are all from the same genre.

Nono...I meant the costume/CGI/look of MrHyde from the movie "LoEG".
jekyllth.jpg

Oh...and it's more than 70 years.
djmh2.jpg

This one copy dates back to 1886

I love the genre!

I see what you mean. The stories are definetely more than 100 years old. Not sure when the first films came out. Dr Jeckyl & Mr Hyde was 1935 but there were other silent films before it. All that old James Whale stuff was great. Hey there's a movie about him too called Gods and Monsters . Really good movie.

HeXp£Øi± said:
I see what you mean. The stories are definetely more than 100 years old. Not sure when the first films came out. Dr Jeckyl & Mr Hyde was 1935 but there were other silent films before it. All that old James Whale stuff was great. Hey there's a movie about him too called Gods and Monsters . Really good movie.

Kewl! Thanks...I'll have to check it out.

HeXp£Øi± said:

Frankenstein is a book in the 1800s. Dracula was based on old myths around Vlad the Impaler. Werewolf is another myth based I thnk. Jekyll and Hyde were also a book in the 1800s

Am I the only one who thought it was a highly over-rated movie??? I yawned through quite alot of it, and normally those types of movies are my favs.

Well, yeah, I do think it was over-rated. I thought it was ok (no yawning..) and entertaining, but I had expected it to be a bit more than just "ok".

Back