Vista Beta 2 available for download

PostCode

Major contributor!
Good luck at getting anything to work. Every single network card we have thrown at this thing will not work and nearly everyone of them is natively supported by XP. I have no idea what the deal is there, but you get 15 days to activate. Without a freakin' network card that the POS OS actually sees I have no idea how that'll happen...

Winky

Yep this beta release is tempting me to upgrade
my hardware early to get going with the learning curve.

But if the experienced users listed above can't get it
flyin' then mebbe Pffttt perhaps the best part of valor
is to wait?

catocom

When I was D/Ling, it said it was going to be 3+GB, but the ISO I got is 1.GB.
Is that right?
I didn't see a md5 to get.

Kruz

I d/l both the 32bit and 64 bit versions last night from the link by Homelan, the 32bit iso is 3.13G the 64bit version is 4.1G
I used the 32B one and did an "upgrade" on my Pentium M Laptop, after about 3 hours it was done and running. after a little bit of tweaking it runs very well. I'm posting from it now..:)

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
36% here, in the morning it was downloading at 500kB/s now it is stuck at 200.

catocom

I think I got it all now.
I had to change the partition where the temp-inet files are store, because
it kept running my C partition out of space.

PostCode

Major contributor!
As I am understanding it now, XP drivers will work for most hardware but you gotta have it there when you install since Vista doesn't have it.

HomeLAN

Anyone manage to get the 64 bit version? I got 32 bit just fine, but for 64 bit their POS download manager tells me that "this file is larger than the maximum size supported by your operating system" - on both win2k and XP, on two different machines. The file available without the Akamia shit is only 14MB - clearly too small to be valid.

Anyone get it to work? How?