Vista? That was the best they could do?

Windows Vista coming in 4Q 2006
7/30/2005 5:44:07 PM, by Ken "Caesar" Fisher

Once known as Longhorn, Windows Vista was expected to ship sometime in the second half of 2006 (after several delays). It now looks like we have more granular information, after the senior VP of Microsoft's client division said that Vista will debut during the holiday shopping period. This firmly places the release in the fourth quarter of 2006, and it even suggests a release possibly in November. link
-------------------
What I wanna know is...
Just as wanders 3.1 WIN95 NT 3.1 3.51 4.0 5.0 XP
all required 'More Power'! (i.e. hardware)
what are we gonna need to run this puppy?

Winky said:
What I wanna know is...
Just as wanders 3.1 WIN95 NT 3.1 3.51 4.0 5.0 XP
all required 'More Power'! (i.e. hardware)
what are we gonna need to run this puppy?
http://www.otcentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15475&highlight=windows+version

Microsoft is expected to recommend that the "average" Longhorn PC feature a dual-core CPU running at 4 to 6GHz; a minimum of 2 gigs of RAM; up to a terabyte of storage; a 1 Gbit, built-in, Ethernet-wired port and an 802.11g wireless link; and a graphics processor that runs three times faster than those on the market today.

Yeehaw

IDLEchild said:
Microsoft better hope the PCs catch up to those minimum or "average" requirements by the time Longhorn rolls around.

Those are some ridiculious specs.

req's are 1.5 ghz processor and 512 memory. Running it on my lappy now. Runs pretty good so far. I wasnt able to install my dvd player software.:( but so far everything else is going in fine. I gotta put a game in to test avalon next.

Back