W32.Spybot.Worm

PostCode

Major contributor!
This wonderful piece of software cost me at least 6 hours today. It hit my server and toasted AD, Exchange, and shutdown all Groupware threads, then disabled everything.

Exchange was thoughly hosed and dcpromo had to eventually be rerun since there were no users any longer. FUCK!

So, now I've got to get Exchange back in and running again, then get groupware back up and running again as well. What a fucked up day this was. I originally went to the store to get some much needed cleaning and organizing done, but instead I've got to fix the fucking server.

After all that time I came to the conclusion that it really isn't worth it. Why am I wasting all this time maintaining a server when I could be paying someone less than $10 a month to host my site and have email? It just isn't worth the the fucking hassle. I've got enough crap to worry about than adding the worry of the server. I said screw it finally, I closed all the ports in the router and shutdown the DMZ.

I'd like to meet the prick who wrote that and not in a dark alley either. I wanna see hit face before I put a lead pipe upside his head so I can see the expressio in his eyes.

Thats so got to suck.... same thing happened to a server i use to run. I got a nice rackshack server with a buddy of mine now. Don't really got to worry much about it.

That explains the dead link.

Lead pipe? Use your hands, it's more satisfying.

Belt sanders are fun... but there's nothing like a good whack with a lead pipe to get the frustration out. The belt sander is more of a long, drawn-out process.

PostCode said:
After all that time I came to the conclusion that it really isn't worth it. Why am I wasting all this time maintaining a server when I could be paying someone less than $10 a month to host my site and have email? It just isn't worth the the fucking hassle. I've got enough crap to worry about than adding the worry of the server. I said screw it finally, I closed all the ports in the router and shutdown the DMZ.

That's the way I felt about 2 years ago.
I had all the protection I could afford at the time, but evidently
I needed more.

For $10/mo I can host 3 sites on IH now without the hassle. :nerd:

Back