WAREZ!! Get yer APPZ n' GAMEZ over HERE!!

HeXp£Øi±

Sorry bout that doom thread guys but so that everyone understands that Doom III Alpha is "illigal" so no funny stuff. Yes, the Alpha is awesome. The real thing will be hitting shelves within the next few months though and no it wasn't due out two years ago, that was HalfLife2. :D

Both will raise the bar as far as graphics go like we haven't seen in some years.

Inkara1 said:
And what are the minimum system specs needed, including those for the graphics card?
Basically, a badass computer. I recommend ~2.0ghz+, 512 mb ram and ATI 9600/GFFX 5700 or better.

I would say from my experience the minimum specs would be as follows:

Athlon 1.7
512mb pc133
Radeon 9600 or GeforceTi 4600

This is to run it in 640x480 which by the way still looks amazing. I run the Alpha on a:

2400@2600Mhz
512pc2700
Radon9500Pro Modded to a 9700Pro

Running the Alpha In 1024x768 it breaks down to 5-10 fps during intense scenes although i'm sure the commercial version will run much better on my system.

Inkara1 said:
And what are the minimum system specs needed, including those for the graphics card?
Translation for the minimum requirements: Ask me in 5 years what I think the best computer will be in another 5 years.

:lol:

anyone know if they're planning a linux-native version, something like with quake3? that might give me a reason to invest in some new hardware.

tommyj27 said:
anyone know if they're planning a linux-native version, something like with quake3? that might give me a reason to invest in some new hardware.

You need a reason???? :D

Great, just great! I was hoping to buy a shiny new pistol with my tax return, but now it looks like it'll have to go towards a new vid card.

as much as i am looking forward to it i have heard ID has a habbit of delaying the projects after the announcement. how long ago was this announced? i hope it comes out soon. it looks badass

StuTheWise said:
Great, just great! I was hoping to buy a shiny new pistol with my tax return, but now it looks like it'll have to go towards a new vid card.

Get the pistol. With that, you can easily get a five-finger discount on the vid card. You can't very well point a video card at someone and expect him to give you a gun, though.

Inkara1 said:
Get the pistol. With that, you can easily get a five-finger discount on the vid card.

Good point! I've already got a 9mm. Maybe I could rob the... oh wait, trying to hold up a gunshop is a bad idea, isn't it? :D

My sweet 9:

120201_large.jpg

Polymer frame makes it superlighht... fits like a glove!

Back