We are mourning the death

tonksy said:
I know what you mean, this one is different. I can see where the microwave comes out and if we take it out the oven controls come with it. It's an all in one hook up deal, you know - for our inconvenience.

Sell the entire old unit, and use the money to replace both. That way, you can keep your counter space, and have a nice new unit...just be sure to get the model that has the controls seperate.

I have a microwave that has a dead exhaust fan. Gets hot as hell after 3 minutes and shuts down. When I get home, I'm going to pull the cabinet, and check the fan wires. That microwave is only 2 years old. The other model I dragged out to use is over 10 years old, and it works just fine. Go figure...

BeardofPants said:
We don't have a microwave as we don't need it for anything. I absolutely refuse to cook anything in it as it tastes funny, and we don't buy frozen stuff, as we prefer fresh. [/fussy]
Sorry for your loss though. May your microwave RIP. ;)

I cook in the microwave a lot - especially fresh veggies. Just a minute or two and it's done, still nice & crisp & full of flavour. Sometimes the steamer just takes too damned long to get out etc etc. And I refuse to boil veggies to death on a stove top.

203135706_sm.jpg

Were they any good?

I remember when we were small - my dad's friend came over for dinner & to check on us (dad was away on border duty) - so mom & I walk into the kichen & there is dad's friend, eating from a non-descript can in the fridge (label had been pulled off). He smiles at us & goes "It's a little salty". Mom & I were finished - never have had the heart to tell him he'd polished off my cat's food :rolleyes:

I needed lots of milk to get the milk bonz down

I've eaten canned cat food too

isn't too bad...

it was my job to feed the cats we had as pets
when I was a kid

also later it fell to me (as the male in a divorced household) to take them to the humane society

I took 'em out to the desert and blasted 'em with my .22 rifle instead 'right in the head'

It was your job to feed the cats. And instead you ate their food? WTF?

And sis on you for shooting the poor kitties - I hope in an alternate life some giant cat claws your balls right outta the sack :p

Back