We can´t have a OT forum without me saying this.

G

We can't have a OT forum without me saying this.

OT Central's worst transgressions are systematically whitewashed by the press. To counteract that whitewash, I will use the remainder of my space here to expose OT Central for what it really is. Before examining the present situation, however, it is important that I change the minds of those who up the ante considerably. OT Central's claims do not hold under close moral scrutiny. That concept can be extended, mutatis mutandis, to the way that those of us who are still sane, those of us who still have a firm grip on reality, those of us who still suspect that it can out-reason the most predaceous perjurers you'll ever see but not anyone else, have an obligation to do more than just observe what it is doing from a safe distance. We have an obligation to stop the Huns at the gate. We have an obligation to question authority. And we have an obligation to get the facts out in the hope that somebody will do something to solve the problem. Of course, I'm generalizing a little here. But that's only because it seems clear that OT Central fails to consider the consequences of its shell games. But we ought to look at the matter in a broader framework before we draw final conclusions on the subject: We see that OT Central holds onto power like the eunuch mandarins of the Forbidden City -- sterile obstacles to progress who write off whole sections of society.

The truth hurts, doesn't it, OT Central? It's precisely because I, not being one of the many lecherous megalomaniacs of this world, find it most unfortunate that this letter had to be written that OT Central's older crusades were bookish enough. Its latest ones are truly beyond the pale. We ignore OT Central at our own peril. So let OT Central call me arrogant. I call it crapulous.

The revisionism "debate" is not a debate. It is a harangue, a politically motivated, brilliantly publicized, subhuman attack on progressive ideas. Now, why all this fuss about a few heartless drug-induced ravings? Simply put, it's because OT Central will probably never understand why it scares me so much. And it does scare me: Its witticisms are scary, its "compromises" are scary, and most of all, as our society continues to unravel, more and more people will be grasping for straws, grasping for something to hold onto, grasping for something that promises to give them the sense of security and certainty that they so desperately need. These are the sorts of people OT Central preys upon. Don't let yourself be persuaded by sententious swaggerers who secretly want to sugarcoat the past and dispense false optimism for the future. Let me conclude by saying that we who want to anneal discourse with honesty, clear thinking, and a sense of moral good will not rest until we do. :p

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
heh, after three words you know where that stuff comes from... I used to read it just to see what the generator would spew out, but I decided it's always the same. :)

Shadowfax

<b>mod cow</b>
The first few lines I had some doubts, but after that....

I got fooled by one some time ago, won't let that happen again :D

sbcanada

That's what all that mindless rambling was? From an automated complaint letter generator? Man... you made me read all that crap for nothing. :mad: :p

tarez

Yeah it did have some people first time it showed its face....I recalled readying the whole like 6-10 paragraph beast thinking who would post all that crap? lol

outside looking in

<b>Registered Member</b>
I remember reading a thread a year or more back on some forum... might have been Rage3d, not sure... where there were numerous complaint generator posts. Some poor soul didn't know what was up, and actually wrote a lengthy reply (very lengthy... he didn't want to be outdone) back to someone that had "bad mouthed" him. :D