We need a time out from T.O.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
link

Now lemme see if I got this straight here...

We have ourselves one (1) professional football player who, finding himself trapped on a team going nowhere fast, parlays his ability to catch a hurled object on a regular basis into mor emoney than God. He even refuses to play for the team he was traded to, and instead named his team. He got his wish, and more money than God (again) to be where he wanted to be, doing what he wants to do, in the circumstances he asked for. God bless America and please pass the grits.

Is that enough? Nnnnoooooooo. After one year of this inhumane treatment, he decides he wants more money than God (again) in different amounts, so he does what we all do when our jobs are less than ideal...he doesn't go. That'll teach 'em huh?

When the Eagles play hard ball with him, he finally relents and makes the ultimate sacrifice...he goes to work for the ludicrous amount of money he is being paid. How big of him. Wish I had that kinda resolve.

Now this.

I got a solution.

Treat him like any other employee at any other company. You don't wanna work here? Don't let that door hit ya where God in heaven split ya pal. Only problem is, this hyar little piece of paper you signed says you can't work anywhere else for awhile. See, we paid you a boatload of money to do what it is you do. We expect you to do it. Our way. If that's too much, have a nice life. My money says we can find someone else capable of catching a football. And doing it quieter than you can Casanova. Until then, get your overpaid ass back out there and earn some of that money we pay you. Now. Our way.

Sheesh.

My opinions on people who play children's games for a living, people who pay someone to play a child's game, and people who validate and encourage the above said peoples by paying ticket prices, enduring advertising, and basically being voyeurs instead of taking their own children out and playing said games with the children the games were intended for are well documented, as is my disgust for the entire industry.

And no, that's not a run-on sentence either.

Well, my fantasy football season is off to a great start. I was planning on keeping TO. Now? Rudi Johnson I guess. Thanks a lot, ya prick.

Ya know, his agent has a point. He had a great year & deserves a raise. So, from now on, all contracts are to be structured around individual players perceived future ability & past immediate performance. In case of medical problems, c'est la vie.

And I make it a foursome....FORE!!!

Did anyone really expect someone who sailed through College because of hints from the coach to take life seriously?

That's coz they actually measured it in metres first. Then remarked in in yards, so that the older folk who couldn't keep up could endure the assgrabbing too.

Works well in some cases.... temperature f'r instance.

Water freezes at zero and boils at 100. Need to go outside, you don't have to get all mathy to figure out if its likely to snow or not (VERY imporant up here :) )

It's T.O.

Hence the miscommunication issue.

and nope, will not admit to living there. I lived in a borough for 2 years, but no more, and never again.

Leslie said:
It's T.O.

Hence the miscommunication issue.
Or T-dot sometimes

or better known as "That city" :evilcool:

or, in Montreal "Fuckin' Toronto" - especially in relation to hockey! ;)

MrBishop said:
Or T-dot sometimes

or better known as "That city" :evilcool:

or, in Montreal "Fuckin' Toronto" - especially in relation to hockey! ;)

dude, trust me EVERYWHERE in canada it is known as "fuckiin' Toronto"

hell if you want to insult clgary here you sy it's the toronto of the west

I wasn't aware you could insult Calgary. Pretty much anything said about them is complimentary compared to reality.

"Hey, your town smells like cowshit" "Why, yes, yes it does. Much better than the backed up sewer smell, isn't it?"

Back