weather is science, no?

just what are all these people doing with all the milk and bread they clean off the shelves everytime we get a snowflake:disgust:

12f/-11c here this morning after the arctic express barrelled through. Even Qs world is down to 34f/ 2c.
Burlington, VT -15f/-26c.

Hilo is 62f/17c at 3am... bastards

I wore two flannels a ski jacket and sweats over jeans to walk the boys this morning :D

brrrrrrrrr it's -12c here. -20c with humidex (I assume they mean windchill but they are dumb)

unclehobart said:
12f/-11c here this morning after the arctic express barrelled through. Even Qs world is down to 34f/ 2c.
Burlington, VT -15f/-26c.

Hilo is 62f/17c at 3am... bastards

Yep, they said it was warmer in Alaska, than it is here right now.
*smiley with icicle hanging off nose*

The power blinking on and off here:(
and the water over at my lab is reeeally slow. I hope it
thaws out sometime today aliltte, or the pipes are going
to go kaboom for sure tonight.:(

I'm not really sure though if it's all "how cold it is below freezing"
as it may be "for how long"?(

Tonight
Snow likely...with blowing and drifting snow. Snow accumulation 1 to 2 inches. Windy. Lows around 15. West winds 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow 70 percent.

It's a blizzard, everybody, run to the store for more milk & white bread:eek:

This morning when I woke up it was -22 C / -8 F. We had a bit of cold weather lately. Today's high was -15 C / 5 F. They talked about some cold front heading our way and temperatures plunging to -35 C / -31 F. Not nice.

God,
no wonder there's 28 Canadian geese on my lake to day.:eek:

( thats the most geese I've ever seen here at one time.)

It's getting cold up north becaue that's where I'm heading this week. Binghamton NY to Portland, ME--looks like negative lows :grumpy:

oh hell yea. It's 150 in the cab & -27 outside & I drive with the windows down :D

catocom said:
No shit!:eek:

I hope the pipes in my computer lab haven't busted.
I'm about to go check it now.
It's that old cheap pvc and half of it isn't insulated. :(
I left the heat on, and the water dripping.*crosses fingers*
It has held here at 25*F, but that 3-4 deg makes a big diff.

I better go and check, before it thaws, if it's frozen???:confuse3:

Well it's frozem for sure now.
I just hope it's not enough to bust the pipes.
I'm not hold out much hope though.

Damn, and it's near impossible for me to crawl under there to
fix the shit too.:disgust2:
I guess I'll just cut it off till spring.:(

For teh record-It was fucking cold, not just damned cold or even friggin' cold but FUCKING COLD in New England this week. When I unhooked my trailer tonight, I didn't even put a coat on because 13 wasn't bad:rofl2:

Gonz said:
For teh record-It was fucking cold, not just damned cold or even friggin' cold but FUCKING COLD in New England this week. When I unhooked my trailer tonight, I didn't even put a coat on because 13 wasn't bad:rofl2:
*cough* -27 yesterday morning. Thats err, -21 F or so? Cold.

13 is like, NICE WEATHER! :cool:

Back